Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
81 of 5,618

No one who visits this message board knows the specifics of how the Job Success Score is calculated or the exact effect any particular action by you or your clients will affect your Score.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sheila Mae M Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
82 of 5,618

Hello community i was wondering that my top rated eligibilty is not updating since last week and  i have my eye on it for the last 2 weeks and it is not changing,, in my calculation it will be 11  out of 16 as per week basis but it is still 9 out 16 till now Im  afraid  that it will be still like that if i can't find  a helpful solution for this.Thanks

Sheila

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
83 of 5,618

Hi Sheila Mae,

In order for your number of eligible weeks to increase, eligible weeks need to fall off of the calculation as non-eligible weeks fall off. Please, check out the graph at the bottom of this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Randall B Member Since: Sep 1, 2015
84 of 5,618

I had a client whom I'd been continuously billing for months when he disappeared for a month. I got hte suspended contract message, then he came back, got the contract un suspended and I've been billing him 10 - 15 hours a week since, about 2 1/2 months, but my score never came back.

I've been working on the same 2 contracts almost all year, so there hasn't been any new feedback, positive or negative to impact my score. Still my score dropped from 95 now to 92 and I'm panicked about being below 90.

I don't know how this is fair. I have 2 clients who are satisfied enough with my work that they've been paying me for months, yet my score has dropped.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
85 of 5,618

Randall,

You have had more than these two contracts in the last two years and they contribute to your Job Success score. Your score can also change contracts that are over 2 years old fall off of the calculation.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
86 of 5,618

Randall,

The JSS is a black box calculation that some clients may rely on heavily when choosing a freelancer. But whether they do so because they believe it has predictive value (of which there is no proof) or because it simply cuts the amount of freelancers they need to consider for a particular project, it is nothing more than an apparently precise measurement of things that are immeasurable.

I stay plenty busy with Upwork projects whether or not my JSS is above or below the golden 90 number. Keep doing the best you can for your current clients and don't lose any sleep over your JSS. Upwork has shown no intention of letting anyone know how it's calculated and yet has never provided any evidence a particular score will help a client predict how well the average freelancer will perform on a particular project. And if it can't do that, what's the use of it in the first place?

As a freelancer, you should reconcile yourself to just put up with the JSS's inconsistencies. If you worry about it too much, rather than just giving your clients the best work you can provide, you'll be worrying about the wrong thing.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gabrielle S Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
87 of 5,618

I think the job success score is rated on hidden reviews that clients give (whether or not they would work with you again, etc). 

Highlighted
Md Tanvir F Member Since: May 19, 2016
88 of 5,618

Hi, 
Today Upwork update the job success score and now my job success score is 81%. I had 84% job success score before. 
I have got 5-star feedback for 4 projects and got good comments. 
Also, I asked my clients what was my hidden feedback and they said that they gave me hidden feedback well too. 
But why my job success score decreases from 84% to 81%. 
Whats the exact reasons for decreasing my job success score with getting 5-star feedback for 4 projects? 
Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Wikal M Member Since: Mar 27, 2016
89 of 5,618

Hi Bro,

I faced that too. upwork reply me that Job success rate changes according to some factors :

1     Your earning

2    feedback

3    Quick response to jobs

and so on

That's why it happens. Now solution is to keep doing good work and after two sometime it will change 

Be Happy, Have a good time..

Waqas

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
90 of 5,618

@Waqas M wrote:

Hi Bro,

Job success rate changes according to some factors :

1     Your earning

2    feedback

3    Quick response to jobs