🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS
Page options
voiceactress
Community Member

JSS

Hi,
I am wondering about my job score. In the last 2 years I got in 7 from 10 projects 5 stars from the clients only 2 times 4,45 and 4,3 and my job score is 89%. In the upwork terms I found the information that they make 3 scores (24 month, 12 month and 6 month) and that they take the best score from this 3. In my case they choose the lowest score- do you know why?  I found something als in the terms: "Missing feedback is only flagged when it represents a significant portion of your contracts." I have 1 from 19 jobs with missing feedback and they have included it in the calculation, in the meantime I also got a rating with 5 stars again, but the score does not increase. Could you help me? Regards, sabine

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Sabine K wrote:

Hi,
I am wondering about my job score. In the last 2 years I got in 7 from 10 projects 5 stars from the clients only 2 times 4,45 and 4,3 and my job score is 89%. In the upwork terms I found the information that they make 3 scores (24 month, 12 month and 6 month) and that they take the best score from this 3. In my case they choose the lowest score- do you know why?

No, they haven't. Whatever makes you think that?

Sabine K wrote:

"Missing feedback is only flagged when it represents a significant portion of your contracts." I have 1 from 19 jobs with missing feedback and they have included it in the calculation,

Sabine K wrote:

in the meantime I also got a rating with 5 stars again, but the score does not increase.

The JSS only updates once every 2 weeks, so next time will be on Sunday.

Also, don't forget the contract you closed without any money. That also counts as a negative outcome.

The stars are irrelevant mainly, as is the public feedback. What counts is paid contracts and private feedback.

In a culture where most clients just give 5 stars public feedback unless the contracts was a bit of a disaster, any contract that ends with any stars lost on quality or skills especially, generally comes with poor private feedback.

voiceactress
Community Member

Thank you for answering.

Unfortunately they have, in the last 6 month I got 4 job and 4 times 5 stars, so there is no reason for a 89% score.
I the last 12 month I got 6 jobs with 5x 5stars and 1x 4,3 stars, so there is a score of 97%. In the last 24 month the score could be only 89% if you calculate all job incl. the
job without any feedback. If there is any reason for my 89% which I don’t know I would be insured to know it for the future.

Re: JSS

Sabine K wrote:

Hi,
I am wondering about my job score. In the last 2 years I got in 7 from 10 projects 5 stars from the clients only 2 times 4,45 and 4,3 and my job score is 89%. In the upwork terms I found the information that they make 3 scores (24 month, 12 month and 6 month) and that they take the best score from this 3. In my case they choose the lowest score- do you know why?

Sabine K wrote:
"Missing feedback is only flagged when it represents a significant portion of your contracts." I have 1 from 19 jobs with missing feedback and they have included it in the calculation ,

Sabine K wrote:
in the meantime I also got a rating with 5 stars again, but the score does not increase.

The JSS only updates once every 2 weeks, so next time will be on Sunday.

Also, don't forget the contract you closed without any money. That also counts as a negative outcome.

The stars are irrelevant mainly, as is the public feedback. What counts is paid contracts and private feedback.

In a culture where most clients just give 5 stars public feedback unless the contracts was a bit of a disaster, any contract that ends with any stars lost on quality or skills especially, generally comes with poor private feedback.

Sabine K wrote:
Unfortunately they have, in the last 6 month I got 4 job and 4 times 5 stars, so there is no reason for a 89% score.

They haven't.

The stars are, as I mentioned, irrelevant. Private feedback is what does it.

Also, your latest contract may not have been included in your most up to date JSS yet, as it only recalculates once every 2 weeks.

Sabine K wrote:

I the last 12 month I got 6 jobs with 5x 5stars and 1x 4,3 stars, so there is a score of 97%.

It does not work like that. The 4.3 probably counts as a negative outcome (which, looking at your feedback to the client, it was) 4.3 does not equate to an 86% contract. At all.

Contracts with full 5 stars can come with poor private feedback.

Your contract that closed with money paid but no feedback definitely isn't doing any harm, it is neutral. The contract that closed with nothing PAID, however, counts as a negative factor.

Re: JSS

Ok, thank you.

Do I understand that correctly , if I evaluate a customer negatively , then this has a negative effect on my JSS ?
Then I should better keep quiet if a customer does not ad here to the contract and demands additional work from me free of charge and threatens to terminate the contract if I do not want to do so ?

Sabine K wrote:

I the last 12 month I got 6 jobs with 5x 5stars and 1x 4,3 stars, so there is a score of 97%.
It does not work like that. The 4.3 probably counts as a negative outcome (which, looking at your feedback to the client, it was) 4.3 does not equate to an 86% contract. At all.

Contracts with full 5 stars can come with poor private feedback.

Your contract that closed with money paid but no feedback definitely isn't doing any harm, it is neutral. The contract that closed with nothing PAID, however, counts as a negative factor.

Sabine K wrote:
Do I understand that correctly , if I evaluate a customer negatively , then this has a negative effect on my JSS ?

No, it doesn't. I never said anything of the kind, but that contract didn't go great, did it?

So chances are the private feedback left by that client reflected that.

yitwail
Community Member

Sabine, as Petra surmised, the client who left you 4.3 feedback last December is likely to have left you low private feedback. Additionally, you don't have enough closed contracts in the last 6 months to have a 6 month JSS, so your JSS would be the highest between your 12 and 24 month JSS, and both of those include the 4.3 feedback. But by next month, that feedback would be excluded from your 12 month JSS, so that might improve your JSS.

Thank you for the explanation.
Many regards
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members