🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS
Page options
karnelvisual
Community Member

JSS

I have accepted a job and the client told me that he will send me the details later.But the client didn't come online.I tried many times to reach him but he is offline till now.Now the amount is in work in progress and upwork send me a notifcation that after 14 days a refund request will come to me.Now if i accept the refund the does it will affect my JSS?
Please help me with that.
3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Karnel,

I understand that it can be frustrating when your client is unresponsive. I checked your account, and I was able to locate the contract you're referring to which has earnings currently is showing in your work in progress section. It seems like this is an hourly contract. For hourly contracts, your client is automatically invoiced for the hours you logged. Upon checking, I can see that you have tracked your hours using the Upwork Time Tracker App. You can learn more about the weekly billing cycle in this help article.

In the future, it is best to make sure that you have all the details you need to complete the job. In the meantime, you may wait for your client to get back to you with the details needed so you can complete the project. 

Editing to correct information shared: Karnel, I apologize for misunderstanding your message. I checked your account again and I saw the notification for the contract you mentioned. A notification was already sent to the client to remind them about this open contract they have with you. You also have the option to contact them again to let them know about this. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

I was able to locate the contract you're referring to which has earnings currently is showing in your work in progress section. It seems like this is an hourly contract.

I believe that you may be looking at the wrong contract. It has to be a fixed price contract because otherwise it would not be automatically closed at 90 days.

Karnel D wrote:
Now if i accept the refund the does it will affect my JSS?

No, it won't hurt your JSS unless the client leaves poor private feedback, which is most unlikely considering the client is missing.

Hi Petra,

My apologies for misunderstanding Karnel's message and went to look at the funds he mentioned in his post to review. I appreciate that you clarified it for me. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members