🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job Description Change by Client - Loss o...
Page options
hutho
Community Member

Job Description Change by Client - Loss of Connects

Hi. I just made proposal to a job posted by some client in Bangladesh and and it was about facebook advertising and social media strategist and stuff. So, I applied.After an hour later, when i looked up the same job, i was surprised to see that the job description had been changed to something else. how can this happen? Its really not something which makes sense. You are requested to please dig down this matter and compensate me for the loss incurred.

Here is the job link.

This is a serious issue and i hope you resolve it asap while understanding its gravity and scope.

Regards,

Zain

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

ZAIN UL ABIDEEN B wrote:

Hi. I just made proposal to a job posted by some client in Bangladesh and and it was about facebook advertising and social media strategist and stuff. So, I applied.After an hour later, when i looked up the same job, i was surprised to see that the job description had been changed to something else. how can this happen? Its really not something which makes sense. You are requested to please dig down this matter and compensate me for the loss incurred.

Here is the job link.

This is a serious issue and i hope you resolve it asap while understanding its gravity and scope.

Regards,

Zain

The precious is gone.  😱

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Here is the job link.

The precious is gone.  😱

Nope, it's a link to his proposal, not to the job post.

That's why we can't access it.

Misunderstood Jen 🙂

lysis10
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Here is the job link.

The precious is gone.  😱

I was referring to the precious. The precious connects. We need a shoop of the precious with Smeagol.

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Here is the job link.

The precious is gone.  😱

I was referring to the precious. The precious connects. We need a shoop of the precious with Smeagol.

Right LOL.

I actually wish Upwork would just go hardline and make connects non refundable under and and all circumstances to put astop to all this "I WANT MY CONNECTS BACK WHY AM I NOT GETTING MY CONNECTS BACK" stuff.

lysis10
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Here is the job link.

The precious is gone.  😱

Right LOL.

I actually wish Upwork would just go hardline and make connects non refundable under and and all circumstances to put astop to all this "I WANT MY CONNECTS BACK WHY AM I NOT GETTING MY CONNECTS BACK" stuff.

I feel the same way. Just across the board get rid of the refunds. I think we are in the minority though. lol

Jennifer M wrote:

Right LOL.

I feel the same way. Just across the board get rid of the refunds. I think we are in the minority though. lol

Chiming in that I agree. The connects refund policy is ridiculous at the moment; it's no wonder that so many people are confused. And I can't even begin to imagine how much customer service time is being wasted by all the people who contact them every time they want their 30 cents back. Either don't refund them at all, or just admit that the whole thing paid connects thing was a failure and start handing out a limited amount for free each month. By implementing a bunch of half-baked measures in an attempt to please everyone, Upwork has succeeded in pleasing no one. High-paid freelancers think that connects are too cheap, low-paid freelancers think they're too expensive, and clients are still being overwhelmed with too many proposals. Upwork should go back to the drawing board with this.

The Connects thing is not the REAL subject. Yes i would definitely like to get my connects back. I cannot waste money for nothing, not even a cent.

The REAL issue is that why this thing happened in the first place. How can a job description be changed to something else right after someone drops a proposal to it.

I would appreciate some make-sense input here.

Regards,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths