🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it just me?
Page options
erinlin2
Community Member

Job Feed Not Updating...

sooo...are there really no jobs or is the system not updating??? It's been close to 9 hours. Can someone please assist?

Capture.JPG

58 REPLIES 58
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Erin,

I checked and was able to see more recent jobs in your Job Feed, ones that were posted minutes ago. Do you still see old jobs at the top of your Job Feed? 

Additionally, you can try saving more relevant searches to your feed to see more jobs. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, 

I'm wondering if there really were no jobs that updated for 10+ hours straight. 

There is one new job that came up but nothing else..

Is it just me or has the number of job postings gone WAAAYYY down over the last few days?

I used to see a ton of new job postings each day in my feed. But in the last few days, there have only been a handful. Take today for example. The most recent posting was 3 hours ago and the one before that was 19 hours ago. 

Of course, as I am writing this 2 new jobs get posted to make a liar of me! LOL

Still, just seems I am not seeing anywhere near as many as usual. Anyone else noticing this? Especially for those n the Web design/dev category?

Ok,so I KNOW something weird is going on. I went back to my feed after posting this, reloaded the page and suddenly the 2 brand new posts I mentioned are gone. Poof! Vanished!

Maybe the UpWork team can chime in here since something is apparently not right?

Ok, now I know there is something wrong. After I posted this I went back to my feed, reloaded the page, and suddenly the 2new posts I mentioned are just gone. Vanished!

The posts are still active just no longer showing in my thread. I know this because I can hit the back button and see them, and I copy pasted the URL in an incognito window and they still load.

Hey UpWork team! Is there a bug somewhere!?

I feel you! Same thing going on here and I do voiceovers.

Literally nothing new showed up for 10+ hours...

Is anyone else having issues with their job feed not displaying in reverse chronological order? As of today, mine is appearing in a completely random order, which is making it really hard to navigate. It currently appears as follows: posted 1 day ago,  2 days ago, 3 days ago, 6 days ago, 17 minutes ago26 minutes ago... (See the screenshot below with job titles redacted.) 

The organization of my feed makes no sense whatsoever, which makes it more challenging than it should be to find viable jobs. I've logged on periodically today and always saw old jobs at the top so I didn't continue scrolling and didn't submit any non-invite proposals. Now I'm thinking, "Oh, crap. I missed out on some stuff." (I only submit when I can do so pretty quickly after the post goes up because it's not worth it to waste connects once there are 20+ proposals submitted; for some of my categories, I find that I don't get results unless I either respond to an invite or submit a proposal within the first hour due to overwhelming response.) 

Is this a glitch, or is this a new feature? If the latter...why? What's the rationale?

Untitled.png

Yeah, it has been messed up today for me as well.

My jobs feed no longer shows new jobs posted. The newest job I see was posted 11 hours ago. I cleared cache/cookies/etc, and it's still not showing new jobs. 

Same...upwork can someone please figure out what is going on??

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting. We'll check with the team and follow up with an update soon.

~ Riri

Hi Guys,

I can not see any latest job post on my profile. All the job posts I can see are 12 hours later or more. Can anyone suggest me how to resolve this issue so that I can get latest job post.

Thanks.

Hi Sukhwinder,

I just checked your job feed and was not able to replicate the problem, everything is working as designed. Could you please send me a PM with a screenshot from your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jorgensons
Community Member

Try scrolling down, Erin. I'm having a weird issue where my feed isn't displaying in chronological order. Jobs posted 6 hours ago are displaying above jobs posted 6 minutes ago. This has been happening all day. Here's my post (with screenshot): https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-feed-not-displaying-chronologically/td-p/607034

drk1885
Community Member

Just adding that mine is doing the same thing--old posts appear first, newer later. Same in the mobile app.

brinak2005
Community Member

I've also tried the mobile app, and using different web browsers with the same results. Nothing new, only older posts. 

For me, it's a little different. My feed does show new posts, but they're buried under old ones -- I see posts from days ago, and then six or seven deep will be a post from 2 hours ago or 20 minutes ago. It's weird. It doesn't look like anything's missing, necessarily, but it's DEFINITELY out of order. It's making it difficult to efficiently find jobs to apply for.

Mine is doing the same thing and its very frustrating......Has anyone from upwork looked into this? Is there a way to contact upwork?

I chatted with upwork support and after tinkering on it and clearing my cookies, it still wasn't working. the agent said they would need to pass it on to their technical team for further inspection.

got an email from technical team saying that they would look into it for me, but i haven't gotten any updates since. 

Anyone have an update yet? I got an email from support yesterday morning and haven’t heard anything since. The newest job showing on my feed is now 18 hours old. And as I scroll they just get older. This is very frustrating

No Updates from techical team yet its still not updating...I am 23hours old on the same one that keeps popping up.

I just checked my feed and had two new jobs at the top and no new ones below for the first time since Friday. Two new jobs is pretty typical for my feed on a Sunday so I think...there is a chance...it might be fixed.

Never mind. Still messed up.
drk1885
Community Member

Mine's still messed up, too - I have stuff as old as 5 days ago at the top of my job feed. Super annoying. I did get a note from support and now have an open ticket for this problem, but so far no updates (and it's still broken.) 

I did have 2 new jobs show up on my feed earlier today, but then after those it was back to the old ones again. And nothing else new since then. This is getting very frustrating, we’re all losing money as we wait for someone to tell us what’s going on. I also have an open ticket.

Same here. Part of me wonders if there really are no jobs...?!?! Cant be possible right?

Cant imagine they would work on a weekend to fix this though. But yes, very very frustrating. My ticket has not been resolved either

Just a little more info--so I think new jobs ARE showing up for me, just further down in my feed than normal. It seems that the same set of old jobs are "stuck" at the top of my feed, followed by what seem to be new (or newer) jobs down below.

Another weird thing, I just noticed that if I hit the "Load new jobs" button when it appeared at the top of my feed, a new job appeared. Then, I refreshed the page and it vanished. I scrolled down three a few pages of old jobs and can't find it again, so who knows what's happening... 

erinlin2
Community Member

Interesting that your new jobs are stuck at the bottom of the feed. When I scroll down, the jobs just get older and older. 

My posts are now more than a day old and I KNOW there are new jobs out there. Some of the clients are posting onto reddit as well as upwork and I couldn't see their recent job posting until after they sent me the link to it on upwork. 

Really frustrated that we are losing out on job opportunities cause we can't see anything!!!

Nope, not fixed. The top job on my feed is from 5 days ago. It's followed by jobs from 43 and 41 minutes ago. I, too, received a support ticket a few days ago and haven't heard anything since.

It sounds like there are two separate issues. For some of us, the feed isn't updating at all. For others (like me), it's not in chronological order. Both issues are frustrating. Hopefully Upwork realizes this and is working on both problems. The help ticket they auto-created for me was inaccurate and reflected Erin's problem of the feed not updating at all. I sent a correction to explain my actual issue and the correction was acknowledged, so my fingers are crossed that both problems will be resolved. 

I was told this issue was resolved, but it's still updating one every few hours. 

Is anyone else encountering the same problem??? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erin, 

I'll go ahead and follow up your concern with our team so that they can reach out to you with more information. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
erinlin2
Community Member

Thanks bojan.

It's still not updating. Long gaps of time where nothing has been posted.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this, Erin. I have updated the team about your case so that they can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

hi, can anybody please help my feed is not updating?

Hi Danyal,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser? Please let us know if you still experience issues seeing the recent jobs posted. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

i have check it its still not updating ,changed my browser ,deleted my cache etc.

Hi Danyal,

I'm sorry to hear your feed is still not updating. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

my feed is still not updating

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members