🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Job - Horly
Page options
d_marinkovic
Community Member

Job - Horly

Hello,

I have a client who has a job for me every other week.
Does the project open can affect my job success?

Please explain this to me. 🙂

What affects the job success?

I have long time 100%, but now 97%.... 😞

Why?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

The JSS is only decipherable up to a point, by design. There are many moving parts and some of the weighting is at UW's discretion. In general, you want minimal (or no) contracts closed without client feedback; high feedback, both public and private; and no dormant hourly contracts, i.e. sit for months with no activity.

I would not sweat a 3-point drop to 97%. Your profile is set to Private, so I can't see what might have cause that little hiccup. But as long as you stay at 90% or higher, don't worry about it. And if you browse old forum threads, you'll see lots of comments from successful FLs who had JSS drops into the 80s and still made out fine, continuing to work profitably and getting their scores back up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

The JSS is only decipherable up to a point, by design. There are many moving parts and some of the weighting is at UW's discretion. In general, you want minimal (or no) contracts closed without client feedback; high feedback, both public and private; and no dormant hourly contracts, i.e. sit for months with no activity.

I would not sweat a 3-point drop to 97%. Your profile is set to Private, so I can't see what might have cause that little hiccup. But as long as you stay at 90% or higher, don't worry about it. And if you browse old forum threads, you'll see lots of comments from successful FLs who had JSS drops into the 80s and still made out fine, continuing to work profitably and getting their scores back up.

One more question.
Is it allowed when I bid to send Dropbox Link to my works?
It's very risky for everyone to see my 3D model in the public portfolio.

mostly get job invite that do not suit my skills.
That's why I set up a private one. How it affects job success?

Thanks

undefined:

One more question.

Thanks

I do not know the answer to your question about sending Dropbox links with a proposal. I always just attach samples I have on hand (writing & survey design, so 1-2 page excerpts work). I expect others will come along here with that knowledge.

Most of the invitations I get are complete mis-matches, too. It's difficult to understand--but sometimes entertaining to ponder--what clients are thinking when they send them out.

To me, it's worth spending a few minutes a week disposing of errant invitations to bid, not to risk missing a viable opportunity. I don't want to do anything that makes it more difficult for the clients I want to find me. I do have my profile set so that only those logged in to UW can see it.

undefined:

One more question.

Thanks

Yes, you can include Dropbox links in proposals. You may not post them on your portfolio if they include any outside contact information - same goes for linking to your own website.

Having a private profile doesn't factor into JSS, it just makes it harder for clients to find you. Only actual contracts that you've worked or are working have anything to do with JSS.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths