cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job I applied to was removed for terms violations after they messaged me. Should I reply?

Highlighted
Bethany S Member Since: Jul 22, 2019
1 of 4

A job I applied to yesterday was removed for terms violations earlier today, around 10:30 am local time. However, about 5 hours before Upwork told me the job was removed, the company contacted me on Upwork messages asking to conduct an interview:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I'm hesitant to reply because of their violation of terms and I'm new to Upwork so I'm not sure what to do. Should I make contact via Google Messenger like they asked?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
2 of 4

no, no, absolutely NOT!!!!

they're a known scam

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

Bethany Marie S wrote:

A job I applied to yesterday was removed for terms violations earlier today, around 10:30 am local time. However, about 5 hours before Upwork told me the job was removed, the company contacted me on Upwork messages asking to conduct an interview:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I'm hesitant to reply because of their violation of terms and I'm new to Upwork so I'm not sure what to do. Should I make contact via Google Messenger like they asked?

Any advice is much appreciated.

It's a scam. If you contact the client and agree to work for the client (which has no actual job for you) outside Upwork you are violating the ToS.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Bethany S Member Since: Jul 22, 2019
4 of 4

I thought it might be a violation of ToS if I accepted their job offer or contacted them outside of UpWork. I'm just glad I confirmed before I did anything. I will ignore any further contact from this job. Thank you for your replies.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS