🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job I applied to was removed for terms violat...
Page options
bethdynamic
Community Member

Job I applied to was removed for terms violations after they messaged me. Should I reply?

A job I applied to yesterday was removed for terms violations earlier today, around 10:30 am local time. However, about 5 hours before Upwork told me the job was removed, the company contacted me on Upwork messages asking to conduct an interview:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I'm hesitant to reply because of their violation of terms and I'm new to Upwork so I'm not sure what to do. Should I make contact via Google Messenger like they asked?

Any advice is much appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Bethany Marie S wrote:

A job I applied to yesterday was removed for terms violations earlier today, around 10:30 am local time. However, about 5 hours before Upwork told me the job was removed, the company contacted me on Upwork messages asking to conduct an interview:

I'm hesitant to reply because of their violation of terms and I'm new to Upwork so I'm not sure what to do. Should I make contact via Google Messenger like they asked?

It's a scam. If you contact the client and agree to work for the client (which has no actual job for you) outside Upwork you are violating the ToS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dzadza
Community Member

no, no, absolutely NOT!!!!

they're a known scam

jr-translation
Community Member

Bethany Marie S wrote:

It's a scam. If you contact the client and agree to work for the client (which has no actual job for you) outside Upwork you are violating the ToS.

I thought it might be a violation of ToS if I accepted their job offer or contacted them outside of UpWork. I'm just glad I confirmed before I did anything. I will ignore any further contact from this job. Thank you for your replies.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths