🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Interview Question
Page options
she_guevara
Community Member

Job Interview Question

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and finally got a response from one of my submitted proposals.  The client is asking for my resume including my email so he can send me the test that he needs me to do.  He also mentioned that interview is gonna be via zoom as well.  I am searching for the right answer however I got confused more lol.  

I saw a response that it is not allowed and I saw one wherein it says its ok as long as client initiates it?  I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the most updated rules for this.  

Also, after we sign contract, can I then provide my email address? Or that's still not allowed?  

I'm being very cautious as I don't want to get in troule for this.  Thank you in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sheryl G wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and finally got a response from one of my submitted proposals.  The client is asking for my resume including my email so he can send me the test that he needs me to do.  He also mentioned that interview is gonna be via zoom as well.  I am searching for the right answer however I got confused more lol.  

I saw a response that it is not allowed and I saw one wherein it says its ok as long as client initiates it?  I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the most updated rules for this.  

Also, after we sign contract, can I then provide my email address? Or that's still not allowed?  

I'm being very cautious as I don't want to get in troule for this.  Thank you in advance 🙂

It's pretty simple. Before being hired, you are only allowed to communicate on upwork, after hire any way you want, sharing your email, whatever. 

It is a bit unusual for a serious client to ask for a resume, as all they need to know is already in your profile. If they want a test, it must be a paid test. 

Stay vigilant. Scammers operate like you describe. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sheryl G wrote:

Hello,

It's pretty simple. Before being hired, you are only allowed to communicate on upwork, after hire any way you want, sharing your email, whatever. 

It is a bit unusual for a serious client to ask for a resume, as all they need to know is already in your profile. If they want a test, it must be a paid test. 

Stay vigilant. Scammers operate like you describe. 

Thank you Martina!  Smiley Happy

tlbp
Community Member

Be sure to read the posts about avoiding scams in the New to Upwork section. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths