cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Invite/Hired but for another position question?

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 4

What happens to your Metrics if you are invited to one job, and after the interview the client decides to hire you for something else? 

Does the invite if you are not hired for that specific job affect your JS?

How does the new job affect your JS?

I am sure there are other questions I would like to ask but I noticed that last time I was hired on a job he sent a different invite and my metrics did not change under you were hired more or less then. 

A new client recently invited me to a job which was full time and I responded but I did not have full time hours but he interviewed me and hired me on a part time job rather then the one he had open for full time. Although the Interview  part has not been closed yet, how will this affect my metrics?

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 4
Valeria will answer in detail, but the "Market Effectiveness" metric is not a part of the JS score calculation.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

Hi Suzanne,

Setu is correct, invitations to interview and applications do not affect your Job Success score. Job Success score is based on outcomes of contracts that you have or had.

Also note that Marketing Effectiveness shows how you do comparing to your peers. So basically it shows how much more or less often you are interviewed or hired comparing to other freelancers in your category. A client sending you a different offer shouldn't affect it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 4

Thanks for the response. I was just curious as I have not seen anything budge in those metrics over the last two jobs. So I wondered if it might have been due to I had been hired for a different position rather then on the job invite.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS