cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Landing Advice

Ace Contributor
Leah M Member Since: May 3, 2015
1 of 3

Hey there and thanks in advance for any advice.

I feel like I have been doing everything you're supposed to do (including suggestions in this forum) and still had very little success finding jobs. I passed all the tests I've taken with high scores, provided portfolio samples, and described my skills accurately and with no grammer issues.  I speak English on a native level and my feedback score from the very few jobs I have landed is high (close to 5 stars). I also must note, I play it safe and only apply to jobs I'm pretty confident I'm capable of doing.

Yet, I rarely get any responses. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Leah,

Your profile is set to private, which limits our ability to offer you advice specific to you and your Upwork efforts.

Set your profile to public so we can see it and so that clients can find you more easily.

-Preston

Ace Contributor
Leah M Member Since: May 3, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Preston,

Thanks for your reply. I am shocked to hear my profile was set to private. I set it to "Only show my profile to Upwork users logged in". So that should mean you and everyone else on Upwork should have no problem viewing it. I wish to have my profile visible to anyone on Upwork but not to the general public. Is there no way of doing so? If no, it's something Upwork staff should fix. I will set it to public temporarily so you can view it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS