Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Offer

trudynastas
Trudy-Ann R Member Since: Dec 30, 2016
1 of 5

Hello,

I have been offered a job. The client is in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I was told i need to pay for work permit before contract can be granted through upwork. Can someone verify if this is legimate. 

Thanks

samrat3
Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
2 of 5

Hi Trudy-Ann R,

Stop communicating with that client. Clients requesting for any payments from freelancers is against Upwork ToS.

Please go through the article in the link below before starting any work on upwork:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/m-p/240833#U240833

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

re: "Can someone verify if this is legimate."

No. It is not legitimate.

The "Bosnian work permit" scam has been reported here in the Forum (and elsewhere) many, many times. It is just a scam. There is no job. Bad people are trying to trick you into sending them money.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Trudy-Ann,

Clients who request freelancers pay application fees are violating Upwork ToS. I see that the client and the job you are referring to have already been removed from the marketplace and your proposal was archived.

Please, check the link Samrat added to his post to help you avoid such jobs in the future.

~ Valeria
Upwork
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 5

Trudy, until you've completed a job or two, be especially careful with any invitations you receive, For the most part, new freelancers only get invitations from crooks trying to trick them into sending money or working for free.