🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Post Removed But Interview still Active
Page options
6f98d5a7
Community Member

Job Post Removed But Interview still Active

Hi guys. So, I submitted a proposal, and I'm currently having an interview.
The contractor asked if I could run a small test which is no problem for me but meanwhile the Job Post was removed. As soon as I was aware of that, I messaged the contractor because I was worried - in case of payment how would that work.
She said there was an unknown problem with the job posting and I shouldn't worry about that.

So what do you think I should do now? Report it? I thought I would wait to see if I was hired, but I feel bad thinking that this could be a scam and another person can get scammed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Sara F wrote:

The contractor asked if I could run a small test which is no problem for me

You are the contractor (freelancer) and it is a violation of Upwork's terms of service for a client to ask a freelancer to do free work ("test") so that may have been the problem.

Is your interview on Upwork?

6f98d5a7
Community Member

Hi Petra. Thank you so much for your help.

I believe so, I'm currently still exchanging messages with the client.

Sorry Petra, I misunderstood your question.

Yes, the interview is on upwork.

crart
Community Member

Never, ever "run small test" for client. Ever. Free work is forbidden and actually it is in your own interest to not provide work for free. Report any such activity.

6f98d5a7
Community Member

Thanks for the input Olga. I didn't send anything, but I was curious... I believe someone else reported the client and that's why the job post was removed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths