🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Posting - Hourly rate range and Expert de...
Page options
jmccpa
Community Member

Job Posting - Hourly rate range and Expert designation - Need for correlation by Upwork

It is inefficent to Freelancers searching jobs, and misleading to Job Poster's expectations, for Upwork to allow a job poster to post a job with an absurdly low hourly rate range and yet specificy "Expert".

At least among Accountants, and surely not among CPAs, there are no qualfied Experts that would consider a job paying $15-$20 an hour or even close to that. 

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this feedback,  Joseph. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

Joseph C wrote:

At least among Accountants, and surely not among CPAs, there are no qualfied Experts that would consider a job paying $15-$20 an hour or even close to that. 

In the US, I'm sure that's true. In other countries, that may be closer to the higher end.

I ignore the rates and, if the post looks interesting, I'll bid my rate. It either works out or it doesn't. 

ETA: I absolutely don't want Upwork controlling the rates clients can put on jobs. The less interference, the better.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I don't mind clients putting whatever rate they wish on their job postings, but I would like the screening function to allow me to include clients' rates in my screening so I'm not seeing "expert" projects with budgets well below what I would do the work for.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths