🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Posting - Hourly rate range and Expert de...
Page options
jmccpa
Community Member

Job Posting - Hourly rate range and Expert designation - Need for correlation by Upwork

It is inefficent to Freelancers searching jobs, and misleading to Job Poster's expectations, for Upwork to allow a job poster to post a job with an absurdly low hourly rate range and yet specificy "Expert".

At least among Accountants, and surely not among CPAs, there are no qualfied Experts that would consider a job paying $15-$20 an hour or even close to that. 

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
3 REPLIES 3
bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this feedback,  Joseph. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

Joseph C wrote:

At least among Accountants, and surely not among CPAs, there are no qualfied Experts that would consider a job paying $15-$20 an hour or even close to that. 

In the US, I'm sure that's true. In other countries, that may be closer to the higher end.

I ignore the rates and, if the post looks interesting, I'll bid my rate. It either works out or it doesn't. 

ETA: I absolutely don't want Upwork controlling the rates clients can put on jobs. The less interference, the better.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I don't mind clients putting whatever rate they wish on their job postings, but I would like the screening function to allow me to include clients' rates in my screening so I'm not seeing "expert" projects with budgets well below what I would do the work for.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths