cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Posting time should be regulated as US freelancers get killed!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ralph D Member Since: Oct 11, 2015
1 of 20

We had the same problem on Elance and the problem is when clients in Europe, Austrailia and other countries post their jobs US freelancers bids can only go in after 20 or sometimes 30 contractors from Europe and Austraila bid and this does NOT give US freelancers a fair chance to land jobs as we already have to deal with low ball bids that dillute the price of a job.

At least with Elance those contractors with higher scores alway where the yop bid the clients see and at least dealing with the 6 to 8 hours European and Australian contractors have to get their bids in didn't sting that bad.

I wish you guys would do two things:

when clients post a job at lets say 3 o'clock in the morning New York time by the time I see it in New York at 9am there are already 20 bidders! Why cant you auto time when those jobs appear to lets say 10 am new York time? This way West Coast USA can have a better shot and landing one of these jobs as you know how it is when you have 20 or 30 bidders, clients are already in the interview process and Ido not like to waste connects and pass up bidding on a lot of jobs when I see 20 + bidders.

The second thing you should change is the way the proposals are posted. Freelancers with the highest scores should appear first and thats not the case, unless I'm wrong.

These issues should be addressed as I see more and more freelancers on here with 0 to 5 hours that does not give us a change with higher scores  as alot of new clients are on here.

Please advize on something changing.

thx

rd

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 20

Hey you know what? Why not limiting jobs to US based freelancers only? After all, what are all those neanderthals even doing here on USwork?

When you live in the center of the World, you deserve some respect, right Raplh?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 20

You want to block job postings from going live until certain people in a certain time zone can wake up at a certain time?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 20

@Preston H wrote:

You want to block job postings from going live until certain people in a certain time zone can wake up at a certain time?

Yes, that's what he wants.

How DARE those pesky foreigners like myself be awake when a client posts a job?

It's absolutely OUTRAGOUS and with all the things that need fixing, making sure that nasty foreign folks can't see job postings must be made a priority.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
5 of 20

How do you make US jobs posted fair to Australian freelancers?

It is what it is on a global platform. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 20

Jessica S wrote:

Tss, Jessica, Australians are foreigners too. They don't deserve to see job-postings!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
7 of 20

@Petra R wrote:

@Jessica S wrote:

Tss, Jessica, Australians are foreigners too. They don't deserve to see job-postings!

😂😂😂.  Can we get back to talking about job success scores? 😜 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Marcos C Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
8 of 20

Please excuse me for being Brazilian.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
9 of 20

I believe you'll get the job if you are the most qualified person for the position. It does not have anything to do with the timing, location or low-budget. Upwork is an international platform and posting time-specific jobs won't help anyone. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
10 of 20

Specific jobs require specific skills that are related to a certain project. Sometimes, newbie freelancers can do a great job compared to experienced professionals. I am glad that Upwork doesn't prioritize proposals. A client can check all proposals and hire the most impressive person. 

This ranking process was used on freelancer.com and I hated it there, but I have won jobs when I was ranked 42nd. It is not about ranking, it is about your qualification, proposal and selling skills. 

Plus, experienced freelancers already get many invitations. If a person is experienced and he knows how to sell himself, he will find a job anyhow. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS