cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Postings Decrease

stacyrich
Stacy-Ann R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 14

Am i the only one who has noticed that the vast amount of jobs that were normally being posted has decreased?

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 14

Christmas and New Year?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
stacyrich
Stacy-Ann R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 14

Could be. It was flooding last week up until yesterday.

fragrancesun
YUFEN S Member Since: Aug 13, 2017
4 of 14

also wonder the same thing..

mepandey1
Om ji P Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
5 of 14

Yeah , I have also noticed the same. Is there any reason behind it?

slsv
Ace Contributor
Stanislav I Member Since: Feb 16, 2017
6 of 14

Maybe some new initiative from UW

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 14

not sure why my comment was deleted...upwork had introduced new option where us based freelancers can only see some projects and bid on them as they have introduced US only freelancer filter for US based clients.

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 14

Hi Om ji and Stanislav,

As mentioned by other users, the rate of new jobs posted on Upwork does vary depending on the season, usually decreasing at specific times. Peak summer months are one of those periods, due to them being the main holiday season.

joshpwilll
Joshua W Member Since: Dec 2, 2016
9 of 14

Yes, i have definitely noticed. For the past 3 years, i spent upwards of $40.00/day on Upwork applying to job postings, but i haven't even spent nearly as much in one week since about April of this year. Specifically, postings for ppc, facebook advertising, and marketing gigs have decreased drastically and i cant figure out why. i also have a client account where i do hiring and i think they may have changed the format for people posting gigs. From what i noticed on my client account, the category for marketing is very limited and now almost non-existent. Looks like they are removing the option to post any marketing related gigs. It seems that Upwork may be moving away from having marketing gigs on the platform altogether. It's still boggling because if people aren't no longer posting on here, i wonder exactly where they are going... 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 14

@Joshua W wrote:

Yes, i have definitely noticed. For the past 3 years, i spent upwards of $40.00/day on Upwork applying to job postings,

You spend $ 40 EVERY DAY applying for jobs????? Conveniently your profile is hidden (I wonder why??) but anyone who spends over $ 14,000 a year on Connects is doing something terribly wrong OR is earning huge amounts of money...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS