Page options
moinuleditor
Community Member

Job Preference

can you explain this feature? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the initial response. The Contract-to-hire feature (freelancers will see Job Preferences on their end) is still new and we're learning more about how it's being used based on the feedback and data we're receiving. The details can be found here in the Product Update. 

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
759e32fa

Hi Md Moinul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding your query and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Feel free to respond to the same ticket thread should you have further questions.

~ AJ
Upwork

Not gonna cut it, Annie! This is not a question specific to this freelancer. Lots of people are wondering what this is and the details of how it is supposed to work. 

We don't need a support ticket, we need an explanation of changes that potentially affect each and every client and freelancer. 

So, again, what is it? 

People show their interest in Contract-to-Hire by activating that feature.

Sure, but what does that mean? Will upwork support payroll for other countries too? What about circumvention? Opt-out fee? How will the process work? 

Can you please direct us to the written explanation of every aspect of this feature? We have no information, yet this button to turn on? Where can we get the facts?

sofia2008
Community Member

If you are talking about the Job Preference (NEW) in your Find Work tab, you can edit that feature to show clients you are interested in Contract-to-Hire.

For future reference, when you see NEW or a question mark (?), you can move your mouse over for details.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Specifically, I am wondering about client experience. 

Example: a new client who is interested in hiring full-time employees finds a freelancer who checked the box, and the client wants to know what he has to do to make it happen. 

Will he be told: It's nice you want to hire employees, but you need to wait 2 years to do that or pay an opt-out fee. 

Not going to go great, right?

Martina, Jeanne and others,

AJ has updated her post to add a link to the Product Update that talks about this feature and has screenshots of the client and freelancer experience. I would like to reiterate that the process for taking a working relationship off Upwork, whether it's to hire a freelancer full-time or for other reasons, isn't new. Clients can easily initiate that process from their account for any contract following these steps
The new Contract-to-hire feature allows clients to label a job post as a contract-to-hire opportunity and talent to show their interest in such opportunities on their profile. If the client and the freelancer end up agreeing to transition their relationship to a full-time employment arrangement outside of Upwork, the client can initiate the process to convert the contract. Once they convert the contract, the relationship can be managed off Upwork.

I'd also like to note that some comments has been removed from this thread as they were in violation of the Community Guidelines. Note, that we do not allow posts that are disrespectful towards other members or include accusations, disparaging comments and attacks based on other members' knowledge or experience of Upwork. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
759e32fa

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the initial response. The Contract-to-hire feature (freelancers will see Job Preferences on their end) is still new and we're learning more about how it's being used based on the feedback and data we're receiving. The details can be found here in the Product Update. 

~ AJ
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Well it's available, so people will use it. Without knowing what it really means. 

pudingstudio
Community Member

Is it great idea to include new features without proper explanation..?

What am I supposed to do with this feature? I don't understand it, so I'm going to ignore it.
Ignorance is always best, no mistakes were ever made due to lack of understanding.

amin_mohd
Community Member

How can a technology company make a new feature update without knowing what is it for?  It means Upwork doesn't know what is this feature for and how will it be helpful for freelancers and clients. 🙂

Check product updates.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths