🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Score falling for no visible reason
Page options
andrew222
Community Member

Job Score falling for no visible reason

I wrote the community about a month ago regarding my falling Job Score.

It was 89% despite all my reviews being five-star. I deleted all my idle contracts. I got *more* five-star reviews with specific comments. I'm billing, despite all this, but I'm entirely certain I'm missing jobs because of this low score and I. Have. No. Idea. Why.

Now it's dropped to 82%.

3 REPLIES 3
andreag22
Community Member

Most of your contracts do not have any feedback, that is a visible reason. When a considerable amount of your contracts lack feedback they start to affect your JSS negatively, this happened to me. You can still fix this if you make sure your clients always leave feedback for you, a way to do that is having them end the contract, they will be prompted to leave feedback then.

jasoncsimon
Community Member

It likely has more to do with private ratings given to you as a reviewer that are not public.  All clients are prompted to enter this information.  You might not have been given 100% by everyone on each rating.

Just keep working and doing a good job and your ratings will go up as a matter of course.   I know it's frustrating because it seems like it's harder to get work with a lower rating, but you just need patience and perseverence.  The rates will rise based on calculations made every two weeks. .

petra_r
Community Member

Andrew Bryan S wrote:

It was 89% despite all my reviews being five-star.

They are not. Why do you keep claiming that they are when one look at your profile proves otherwise?

Your JSS was 89% when you had 6 contracts with feedback on your maximum 2 year calculation window. Then one of the 5 star contracts fell out of that 2 year window, leaving you with 5 contracts that had feedback, of which 40% are not 5 star.

Because that one 5 star contract fell out, there are now only 5 contracts with any feedback left, and whatever poor private feedback is lurking in there, weighs more heavily.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members