cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Search feature request

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 9

As long as I've been at Upwork/oDesk, I should know better, but I wasted a couple of connects applying to a job that was open but the client had already hired a freelancer. I only realized this after the client declined my application. It would *really* be beneficial to have a filter to exclude jobs where a freelancer has already been hired. Either that, or exclude jobs with hires, period. Right now, one has to click on a job in the search results to see the number of applicants OR hires.

2 of 9

There is a option for client in hiring time. Is freelancer still can apply?

Those client not selected to NO. Its your bad luck. Smiley Sad 

Some client's want to more then 1 freelancers/worker. So they can take new application from contractors/worker. 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 9

@Md. Mojahidul I wrote:

Some client's want to more then 1 freelancers/worker. So they can take new application from contractors/worker. 

That's true, but I believe clients have an option to specify how many freelancers they're looking for, because some jobs have a notice like '! Needs to hire 2 Freelancers', so that's what they should use if they need more than 1 hire.

4 of 9

I concur with you on this one, John.

And another thing, why does a client have to put out a job when he/she has a list of preferred candidates? Maybe I don't understand how the client's side works, but are those not the jobs for direct invitations to freelancers?

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
5 of 9

Couldn't agree more John!

I also wish clients would close their jobs when they hire someone.  Or make it automatically close after they hire someone.  Drives me crazy!

Hasibur R Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
6 of 9

Hi,

I am very much frustrated. Me and my wife are applying for work at Upwork from th begining of last month. But both of us found that maximum Employers are unresponsive. Due to the Employers issue we are losing our CONNECTS.

Now my concern is that if I buy new CONNECTS and after applying found that Employers remain Unresponsive again then both my TIME and MONEY will be WASTED no ?

at least Upwork should make a system that will be user-friendly. Like, more than 15 days applications from which a freelancer did not receive any RESPONSE from the employer those CONNECTS will be RETURNED. This option will work only once in a month.

I am not saying that system has to be like this. It's just an example. But some step has to be taken on these UNRESPONSIVE Applications.

I am really frustrated on this.

Thanks,

Hasib

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 9

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is optional for the client to specify how many freelancers they want to hire and whether they would like the posting to be automatically closed once they hire. We will not require them to specify that. Some clients may go back to the posting to hire more freelancers.

That being said, your suggestion to add a filter for postings without hires is interesting and I will definitely share it with the team.

Thanks again.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
8 of 9

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi John,

That being said, your suggestion to add a filter for postings without hires is interesting and I will definitely share it with the team.

OK, maybe I am a bit thick - but isn't that the ONLY reason why people sign up with this site?

To find open jobs where they can get hired because a client is actually looking to hire a contractor?

And this is sth that nobody at Upwork thought of before? Is there a hidden camera somewhere?

midvale school for the gifted.png

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
9 of 9

The request by the OP, which is so basic and fundamental, needs to be pushed to the top.

Hence, I am bumping the thread. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS