🐈 Community

Job Search

Hi there,

i have come over from the Elance platform, so I'm trying to find my way around this site. I'm sure many are in the same boat right now. Anyhow, is there a way to filter the job search to show only expert level (or whatever level the freelancer is looking for) projects?

i'm trying to remain positive, but I sat down to submit a proposal the other night...after spending a half hour on a proposal, when I clicked "submit," it redirected me to my profile page to update my address. After returning to my proposal, it was blank. The proposal itself may have been submitted in vain..as it appeared that I wasn't experienced enough for the project. Though I have plenty of projects completed successfully on Elance.

i know this is a process, but I am a bit frustrated.

bryan

7 REPLIES 7
monstersong

Hi Bryan

There should be a filter on the left-hand side of your job feed for the level of experience clients are looking for. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with. A lot of people are frustrated about a lot of things here right now, but hopefully we can point you in the right direction.

Click on any of your chosen categories and then on the left hand side you will see the filters.

robric

Hi Bryan. Upwork has been horries since it misplaced the desk. However it does provide a steady flow of work. Two suggestions that work for me. Write your applications on Word / Whatever and paste them. Create an employer profile for free and see yourself as others do. Please don't go away. Richard

I am also from Elance. I see the filters on the left but I don't see one to filter by region or country, like Elance had. In our office we have no one that speaks a foreign language so it is a big waste of time to review jobs then find out they are from Europe or the far East and will want the site written in a different language. How do I block jobs from foreign lands?

Thanks,

Dan

@Dan S wrote:

I am also from Elance. I see the filters on the left but I don't see one to filter by region or country, like Elance had. In our office we have no one that speaks a foreign language so it is a big waste of time to review jobs then find out they are from Europe or the far East and will want the site written in a different language. How do I block jobs from foreign lands?

Thanks,

Dan

You can't and yeah, I hate that part too. If you look on the right side of the request, it shows their location. That's the only way.

As a dual account holder (not yet merged - can't make up my mind), I'd like to add to the requests.

Elance had - still has - a really useful feature that tells you, when you bid for a job, if you have sent other proposals for different jobs to the same client. It gives one the chance to re-think one's proposal. It would be great if Upwork could implement this.

I'd also like to be able to filter out jobs that don't have a verified payment method. In fact wouldn't it be easier to just copy the entire Elance search engine? This one is bonk.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Learning Paths