Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Idea

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
1 of 7

Hola!

So, right now, a lot of people are complaining their Job Success has decreased with no apparent reason. Mine has too! I think to solve all the forum posts, complaints, etc...we need some kind of page that displays Job Success in more detail.

For example

Date      Time     Increased     Decreased      Reason

24-MAR        10:00           +1%                NA        Responded in 24 hours

22-MAR        12:05             NA                 -2%         Work not completed

Exactly like bank statements!

That's my suggestion anyway -.-

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 7

Not everyone's decreased. Mine increased.

But they have explained in detail and I can't find the exact post, but the help topics on it explain how most of the stats are calculated.

Marketing effectiveness

Compared to peers in last 90 days. Your peers in these statistics are freelancers who have recently been hired in the job application category where you most frequently apply.

Application fit. How often and why clients passed over your job application. Learn from your mistakes by understanding why clients labelled you (or your application) a less than perfect match

Communication

Invitation Responsiveness

Availablilty

Client Satisfaction

• Job Success – A regularly updated measure of your overall performance and reputation. Top freelancers maintain a score of 90% and above. If your score drops below 70% and stays there for a significant period of time, it will trigger a performance review.

• 12-month earnings – Gross earnings in the past year (inclusive of the oDesk Fee).

• 12-month feedback – Weighted feedback score based on just the past year.

• % of clients that would recommend you – Clients that have indicated they would recommend you to others.

• % of clients that are long-term –  At least three months of continuous work and payments with the same client, across any number of contracts.

So our Stats are going to change on these 12 month feedback and 90 day, as well as other factors that are calculated in.

https://odesk.zendesk.com/entries/23060051-What-are-My-Stats-

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
3 of 7

mine is also increased. 

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Highlighted
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
4 of 7

Mine also increased.

And I refunded a client (we couldn't come to terms on the project) afterwards and it had no negative effect on my increased score.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Alvin G Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
5 of 7

Mine decreased after getting a 5 star feedback. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
6 of 7

Perhaps Job Success updates weekly. It seems everyone's rating changed yesterday. I just think with such a feature, people would know exactly what they're doing wrong.

Afterall, when they list what contributes to Job Success, it says "and more..."

Highlighted
José Ramón F Member Since: Mar 25, 2015
7 of 7

My 2 cents. If I've got 113 clients, 112 of them have given me 5 stars and one 4.20(without providing any reason whatsoever or even answering my messages); how come my Job Success rate is 91%?

It doesn't seem right, sorry.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS