cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Rate Dropped to 89% Because of One Client?

lyndsayak
Lyndsay K Member Since: Aug 25, 2016
1 of 9

I had a job success rate of 100% and had earned top rated status. Unfortunately, I worked with a client who did not communicate well. The contract became inactive and the money from escrow was returned to her. She didn't give me any feedback, but I'm assuming she stated that she would not recommend working with me. She's the only client I've worked with over the last few months who I've had a contract close with. Now my success rate is 89% even though I have great feedback from my other clients. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm regretting working on the project with this client now. 

h3hdv7rlssvtxxzp
Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
2 of 9

Do not worry! Users have been turned down earlier even due to more trivial issues. Be glad that you did not get worse hit. Be aware, it could also be behind you.

Seriously, one hit here hurts here more than in real life. 

Corruption in the cyberspace — that might be a topic to the future, who knows.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
3 of 9

With only a handful of closed contracts one weighs VERY heavily. But the good news (potentially) is that if you lost your top rated status less than 2 weeks ago you can use your top rated perk to have that contract's impact removed from your JSS calculation.

View solution in original post

lyndsayak
Lyndsay K Member Since: Aug 25, 2016
4 of 9

Thanks, Petra! I just sent the email request in. 

digiphics
Community Guru
Gerald S Member Since: Apr 1, 2018
5 of 9

My JSS finally had been populated to a 77%, I've had 4 completed jobs with 5 star ratings and one project closed by a terrible client with a 4.45 star rating. I'm not understanding why my JSS is this low. A recent client (within a week)  closed a project due to not knowing how to change the original rate to a fixed rate and then sent me a new contract with a fixed rate. I currently have two active jobs. Did the closing of a contract (recently affect my rate?). I'm not understanding how these rates are calculated.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
6 of 9

Hello Gerald,

You may check out this article to know what are the factors that may have affected your JSS negatively. You may also find out how you can improve your JSS in this article.

Untitled
digiphics
Community Guru
7 of 9

Oh I've read that post about the JSS score. I've done everything correct. So I'd like concrete reasons for the low JSS.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 9

@Gerald S wrote:

Oh I've read that post about the JSS score. I've done everything correct. So I'd like concrete reasons for the low JSS.

Gerald, there is private feedback as well as public feedback, chances are the 4.5 client wasn't that generous on his private feedback. You've only got very few completed contracts, so any factor that would matter little if you had lots of completed contracts weighs very heavily.

The good news is that any one future great feedback will also have a significant effect.

digiphics
Community Guru
9 of 9

My JSS just got published and I was shocked to see it a 77%, I have 4 5 star completed projects with great reviews, 1 4.45 star completed project with no feedback. Heck, my reviews secured me the two projects I am on now. One contract was ended by the client due to them not knowing how to adjust the rate from hourly to fixed. Did the closing of the contract and that one project with no feedback help create such a low JSS?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS