Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Rate-New Client

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 22

A new client invited me to a job today. He also invited someone with a 65% job success rating. I decided to as why he was considering someone with such a low job success rate. I explained what it meant and he said:

I though it mean successful rate for the resume got hired

New client thinks it the rate people get hired at....geesh!!! No wonder we have problems getting hired.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tarpinder S Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 22

Sometimes clients do hire people with low JSS.

That does not mean the person is not capable.

I think it is up to client to decide, if he has any problems he can contact upwork.

It in not  good to suggest things about fellow freelancers.

JSS can be low because of 1-2 jobs gone bad, but feedback about all jobs is also available.

If the client is so dumb to interpret JSS then it is his fault.

Highlighted
Gabriella V Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
3 of 22

Hi Jean,

While I understand your disappointment, but a Job success algorythm is still in the initial, experimental phase, and as such, it does not always reflect someone's true performance.

Some of us, who came over by Upwork's invitation brought over a spotless reputation, yet our Job success went down for no reason whatsoever.

In the meantime, if you search for freelancers with 100% job success rate, it is easy to find people there, like P.N. (I would not post personal details here, but have a link for the mods, if proof needed) who have not even logged on for 4 months, and worked only 11 hours since 2013 with a mere $170 earning - yet holds the 100% job success - according to his profile.

It is possible, that clients use other means to find their ideal candidates - at least for the time being.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 22

Not really surprised. Unless Upwork has some webinar or doc that explains it (and even then no one will pay attention), clients don't know what JSS means. I think anything above 70% and they will think nothing of it. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 22

@Jennifer M wrote:

Not really surprised. Unless Upwork has some webinar or doc that explains it (and even then no one will pay attention), clients don't know what JSS means. I think anything above 70% and they will think nothing of it. 

I completely agree Jennifer. There is so much wording on here that is not interpreted correctly. I'll just have to add it to my proposal now, but geez this wording is getting tiresome.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 22

@Gabriella V wrote:

Hi Jean,

While I understand your disappointment, but a Job success algorythm is still in the initial, experimental phase, and as such, it does not always reflect someone's true performance.

Some of us, who came over by Upwork's invitation brought over a spotless reputation, yet our Job success went down for no reason whatsoever.

In the meantime, if you search for freelancers with 100% job success rate, it is easy to find people there, like P.N. (I would not post personal details here, but have a link for the mods, if proof needed) who have not even logged on for 4 months, and worked only 11 hours since 2013 with a mere $170 earning - yet holds the 100% job success - according to his profile.

It is possible, that clients use other means to find their ideal candidates - at least for the time being.

What disappointment? Did you even read what I wrote?

It was about how this client and their understand of what the JSS is!!!!! 

Highlighted
Gabriella V Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
7 of 22

Jean, sorry if "understanding your disappointment" sounded, like something offensive to you.

I had no intent to do that.

I did read your post. I am not sure, what did you mean by "I decided to as why he was considering someone...." Maybe a word is missing here, that tells; what did you decide? But other than that, I think we were basically saying the same thing: something is wrong with the Job success rate, and it is misleading for new clients.  (Please, correct me, if I am wrong.)

By the way, what is your opinion on the rest of my post?

Thanks for your reply in advance:

Gaby

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 22

@Gabriella V wrote:

Jean, sorry if "understanding your disappointment" sounded, like something offensive to you.

I had no intent to do that.

I did read your post. I am not sure, what did you mean by "I decided to as why he was considering someone...." Maybe a word is missing here, that tells; what did you decide? But other than that, I think we were basically saying the same thing: something is wrong with the Job success rate, and it is misleading for new clients.  (Please, correct me, if I am wrong.)

By the way, whet is your opinion on the rest of my post?

Thanks for your reply in advance:

Gaby

Nothing is wrong with the JSS score calculations. Much wrong with how they calculate it.

I said, "I decided to ask him why he was considering someone with such a low JS score."

I wanted to understand his reasoning and he thought the JSS meant that the freelancer didn't get hired very often. He had no idea it was related to client satisfaction.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 22

@Gabriella V wrote:

Hi Jean,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Why would their job success be lowered because they have not worked for awhile?

It still reflects the client satisfaction when they were working.

You don't get punished for taking time off. Geesh!!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
10 of 22

One client didn't hired me just for having ' Top Rated ' badge .  

To some people it means top hourly rated freelancer . 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS