Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Rate-New Client

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tarpinder S Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 22

I think instead of JSS, it should be Job Completion rate along with average feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
12 of 22

@Tarpinder S wrote:

I think instead of JSS, it should be Job Completion rate along with average feedback.

I think Client Satisfaction might be more appropriate. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ani M Member Since: Nov 1, 2015
13 of 22

Clients are using it. I'm now seeing people asking for JSS of 90%, which I don't have.

What irkes me is that I have a few contracts where there are no feedback. Two of which are repeat and current clients. One hired me for another job and the other actually gave me a raise. Does the aligorthym care about that? No.  Hence I have a 72%.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
14 of 22

I agree, I have seen such offers asking for freelancers with a JSS above 90%. And I can tell you that in some overcrowded sections this fact is affecting freelancers dramatically. I have seen freelancers below 95% who are not getting anything. 

If you are unlucky and you have a cancellation or a problem with just one client, you are lost. 

Those who say that it doesn't affect them is because they have enough regular clients or a very strong niche. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
15 of 22

Jean,

Upwork does not want the client to understand the JSS. period. They would rather keep them in the dark then let them know the damages certain scores could cause a freelancer. They believe (I think) that it taints the numbers if they understood it.

Maria,

I am below 95% and I have not had any trouble getting work when I apply for it. I even have work off of Upwork which keeps me plenty busy.

I believe if a person has a strong cover letter and does good work they won't have problems no matter their JS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
16 of 22

Suzanne, 

I am glad to know that some freelancers are doing great despite not having perfect JSS. 

As I said it depends on the area, some areas are overcrowded and other have more space. But it gives us hope though. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
17 of 22

@Ani M wrote:

Clients are using it. I'm now seeing people asking for JSS of 90%, which I don't have.

What irkes me is that I have a few contracts where there are no feedback. Two of which are repeat and current clients. One hired me for another job and the other actually gave me a raise. Does the aligorthym care about that? No.  Hence I have a 72%.

Repeat clients or long term clients affect you in a positive way and are only expected to leave feedback once.

What is hurting your job score are the bad *** star reviews. That's why you are so low.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the no feedbacks but you neglected to tell us about the low star scores.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
18 of 22

This is a little OT, but somehow, I feel we should agree to stick to the spelling of algorithm as opposed to algorythm or aligorythm, which could be misconstrued, albeit understandably, as having something to do with rhythm, which it doesn't.

Just sayin' Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Javier M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
19 of 22

@Jean S wrote:

Repeat clients or long term clients affect you in a positive way and are only expected to leave feedback once.

That if upwork succeeds in counting them right right Smiley Wink 

I worked for a client for about 4 months finishing in October yet it is not counted (CS doesn't really care)

I am sure I am not the only one.

@Jean S wrote:

What is hurting your job score are the bad *** star reviews. That's why you are so low.

Not always: we do not have any certainty about what they have in their rating algorithm.

@Jean S wrote:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the no feedbacks but you neglected to tell us about the low star scores.

It (allegedly) has to do with that and with other things like refunding a client or cancelling a project (regardless of the reason)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ani M Member Since: Nov 1, 2015
20 of 22

@Jean S wrote:

@Ani M wrote:

I was not trying to disguise or hide anything. I was going by the average rating seen on my profile and not the specific area ratings. I didn't ralize that I could see the specific ones from the profile side of things until you pointed this out.  It explains a lot. Thank you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS