🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Rate decreased by accidentally cl...
Page options
alexanderbeloev
Community Member

Job Success Rate decreased by accidentally closing contract on first milestone.

Hey everyone!

Hope you all are having a great time in UpWork! It really is changing the way I work and the way I live!

My Job Success Rate got heart tonight, because the client accidentally closed the contract after confirming the first milestone and releasing the funds.

So, what should I do now, so I can recover it? I haven’t asked the client to send me bonus or to open a new contract, as I don’t know which way I should go, so I can recover my 100% success rate.

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,

Alex

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alexander B wrote:

I have a contract open since Mar 14, 2019, which has no hours logged, it may be from it? If yes, then what is the best way to proceed so I can close it and retrieve my 100% JSS.

There you go - that is the culprit! That's over 60 days. The only way you can fix this is to log time on that contract. 10 minutes will do.  That will reverse the effect and in 2 weeks time, it will recalculate.

Alexander B wrote:

No contracts closed in the last 14 days, just one hourly contract that's getting hours, is the client able to leave a feedback every 7 days when he/she reviews the hours worked?

No. Feedback can only be left when a contract is being closed.

Alexander B wrote:

P.S. I am not saying that I know it's happening from X,Y,Z, I just thought that this is the reason, because both events happened at the same time. I am too new to know everything in here :)))

Two things happening at the same time does not prove causality. If I have coffee and it starts to rain, my coffee did not cause the rain. Do not jump to conclusions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
stefanm_94
Community Member

Hi Alexander, 

Why is your contract ended, did client leave a comment or tell you in inbox? If client leave bad feedback, you can't do nothing. But if you are TR, one time you can remove your feedback and get back your JSS to normal. If you are TR and want to remove your feedback, you must contact support team first.

It's not that he left bad feedback, he's very happy with the work I did, he just accidently closed the contract without starting the second milestone.

So, to make it clear, I don't want to remove feedback, I just want my job success score back to 100%.

petra_r
Community Member

Alexander B wrote:

My Job Success Rate got heart tonight, because the client accidentally closed the contract after confirming the first milestone and releasing the funds.

That categorically did NOT affect your JSS, why would it?

It is also very difficult for a client to "accidentally" close a contract, considering they have to go through the whole process of leaving feedback, etc.

Alexander B wrote:

So, what should I do now, so I can recover it? I haven’t asked the client to send me bonus or to open a new contract, as I don’t know which way I should go, so I can recover my 100% success rate.

Why would the client have to issue a bonus? What on earth for? Issuing a bonus would not make a difference to your JSS!

Can you explain why you think the act of closing a contract after releasing the first milestone would hurt your JSS?

If it was indeed that contract that hurt your JSS, it was the feedback the client left (public and/or private, with private feedback probably having the greatest effect on the JSS...)

Hey Petra,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

"That categorically did NOT affect your JSS, why would it?"

Because tonight I got a JSS decrease and contract ended. I haven't got any other activity in the last 1 week. And yes, he didn't know that this was going to close the contract.

"Why would the client have to issue a bonus?"

He don't have an issue to bonus the contract, I just wanted to make sure that I will proceed the right way to restore my JSS.

"Can you explain why you think the act of closing a contract after releasing the first milestone would hurt your JSS?"

Probably because the project got half completed?

"If it was indeed that contract that hurt your JSS, it was the feedback the client left (public and/or private, with private feedback probably having the greatest effect on the JSS...)"

Both feedbacks are top.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Alex

Alexander B wrote:

"Can you explain why you think the act of closing a contract after releasing the first milestone would hurt your JSS?"

Probably because the project got half completed?

Completely irrelevant, the algorithm does not know that. It simply calculates the numbers.

Anyway, the JSS updated yesterday, about 22 hours ago, so anything that happened after that has not had any effect on your JSS.

Alexander B wrote:

"If it was indeed that contract that hurt your JSS, it was the feedback the client left (public and/or private, with private feedback probably having the greatest effect on the JSS...)"

Both feedbacks are top.

Then it can not, in any way, shape, or form, have affected your JSS at all.

Nothing else closed in the past 14 days?

No contracts closed without payment or have been open with nothing ever paid (yet) for over 2 months?

Petra R wrote:

Nothing else closed in the past 14 days?

No contracts closed without payment or have been open with nothing ever paid (yet) for over 2 months?

No contracts closed in the last 14 days, just one hourly contract that's getting hours, is the client able to leave a feedback every 7 days when he/she reviews the hours worked?

I have a contract open since Mar 14, 2019, which has no hours logged, it may be from it? If yes, then what is the best way to proceed so I can close it and retrieve my 100% JSS.

P.S. I am not saying that I know it's happening from X,Y,Z, I just thought that this is the reason, because both events happened at the same time. I am too new to know everything in here :)))

Alexander B wrote:

There you go - that is the culprit! That's over 60 days. The only way you can fix this is to log time on that contract. 10 minutes will do.  That will reverse the effect and in 2 weeks time, it will recalculate.

Alexander B wrote:

No. Feedback can only be left when a contract is being closed.

Alexander B wrote:

Two things happening at the same time does not prove causality. If I have coffee and it starts to rain, my coffee did not cause the rain. Do not jump to conclusions.

Petra R wrote:

Perfect! Thank you!

Petra R wrote:

You are absolutely right! My bad that I jumped to conclusion without even thinking that this may not be the reason for that.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to answer my question that precisely! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Regards,

Alex

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members