🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job Success Rate.
Page options
gomezyaiko
Community Member

Job Success Rate.

Look at my success rate. Its a freaking 55%... I have 1k earnings in 1 month and very happy clients, But the last like 4 clients have gone on buisness trips, forgot to end contracts, fell of the face of the earth. I'm not saying I have been perfect, I'm saying, It's ridiculous that I have a stupid horrible success rate becuase someone just forgot to click a couple buttons. I'm praying to god after this next update I will have a decent one. As I feel its pretty unfair this happened.

5 REPLIES 5
wescowley
Community Member

Yaiko -

I suspect it has more to do with private feedback left by the folks who didn't rate you at 5, and perhaps by some who did.

What does your "Clients who would recommend you" on your stats page say?

tlbp
Community Member

I think OP's definition of "happy" clients may differ from Upwork's. 

Plus, OP only has 5 reviews out of 15 jobs, so that probably puts him in the 'excessive number of no feedbacks' category. 

OP, object or adapt. Upwork's feedback system is unlikely to change. 

versailles
Community Member

Yaiko G wrote:

Look at my success rate. Its a freaking 55% (...)the last like 4 clients have gone on buisness trips, forgot to end contracts, 

The clients gone on business trips and unclosed contracts have nothing to do with your JSS. The reason for your low JSS is the "Clients who would recommend you" metric on your page stats. This is calculated from the answers given by clients who did close the contracts, when Upwork asked them how likely they would recommend you to a friend or a colleague.

Since this figure is probably extremely low and since it weights a lot in your JSS it is not a surprise that yours is at the bottom. I'm sure you already know where your margins of improvement are.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
a_lipsey
Community Member

While it hurts my ego to share, I assure you all of us have had our JSS dip from time to time. Mine dipped to 82% and is recovering now, but you can still get jobs even with a low JSS. At least it's above 50%. You just have to have a better proposal and better quality work. Maybe take a few quick jobs at a slightly lower rate to show your good quality and help it recover. Even when mine dipped I was still getting invites and responses to proposals. You can too, just have to tighten up your sales game and do a little rep rehab. 

yitwail
Community Member

Yaiko, this might seem paradoxical, but often clients who pay the lowest rates have high expectations and will rate freelancers accordingly.