Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score Fell Down

fahista
Md. Riaz U Member Since: Jul 2, 2015
1 of 16

Hello Guys!

Recently my job success score just fell down from 100% to 98% without any viable reason. I did not fail in any recent projects, all my jobs from this month have resulted in 5 star ratings and great feedback.

When i contrated Upwork suooport center, they told me there was some kind of private feedback by a client. But I can't see any negative feedbacks so far or any job failure notice.

So my question here is that, how can i identify which job has resulted in decreasing my job success score? I dont see any negative response or failure from recent jobs.

Please please please help! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Zair.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 16

Private feedback is just as it states.  You will never know what the client may have said privately.  Some client's will leave good feedback because they might not want to hurt the freelancer's profile, but in reality in the private feedback they may say they probably would hire you again.  BTW 2% is not a big drop.  Don't worry over, move on and continue to do great work. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
fahista
3 of 16

Thanks a lot.

However, I did forget to mention one thing.

I have an open job since few weeks and the client has been inactive for a long time. There is no feedback/payment/whatsoever.

I just came to know that, when an open job is kept paused for a long time, it can also suck the job success score. Is that true? Should i stop the contarct now?

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
4 of 16

That is definitely true.  Although if you can, try to contact the client and give them a day or two to respond because it is better that they close the contract and leave feedback.  If that fails, then you will probably need to close it yourself.  You have to be really careful about doing this because too many with no feedback can hurt your JSS also.  One here and there won't affect it much.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

View solution in original post

fahista
5 of 16

Thanks a lot!

I will definitely try that.

Again, i highly appreciate your effort to suggest me the solution.

Great!

fahista
6 of 16

I just have one more thing to know.

If i request upwork to remove the feedback for one job, will they only remove the public feedback and 5 star rating? Or will they remove both public and private feedback scores?

Thanks.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
7 of 16

No, if you use the "Remove feedback" perk for top rated it will only remove the public feedback. They private feedback will still stand. 

fahista
8 of 16

Thanks a lot for the help Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 16

@Katrina B wrote:

No, if you use the "Remove feedback" perk for top rated it will only remove the public feedback. They private feedback will still stand. 

That isn't quite right.

The entire IMPACT of that job is removed, so it no longer counts into your JSS. So essentially the private feedback IS "removed" for all intents and purposes, although of course Upwork can still access it if need be!

You CAN leave the public feedback intact - that is something you can choose - either leave it alone, or have the feedback removed with a comment that it was made private or was removed, can't remember

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
10 of 16

@Petra R wrote:

@Katrina B wrote:

That isn't quite right.

The entire IMPACT of that job is removed, so it no longer counts into your JSS. So essentially the private feedback IS "removed" for all intents and purposes, although of course Upwork can still access it if need be!

You CAN leave the public feedback intact - that is something you can choose - either leave it alone, or have the feedback removed with a comment that it was made private or was removed, can't remember

Yeah Valeria corrected me yesterday on that point and I apologized to the OP.  It is on the next page.  I'm glad I understand it better now.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS