🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job Success Score wrongly updated
Page options
hamdyahmed90
Community Member

Job Success Score Issue

After Finishing All my contracts ( 4 Jobs ) i found myself with 73% JSS ... i Currently have 2 Contracts with no Milestones .. Problem here is when i was checking my profile i found that the JSS Dropped Down to be 58% .. Although it still 73% in My Stats Tab ( that was Last Updated in 10 May ) So i wonder if that bug or smthing !!?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed H wrote:

After Finishing All my contracts ( 4 Jobs ) i found myself with 73% JSS ... i Currently have 2 Contracts with no Milestones .. Problem here is when i was checking my profile i found that the JSS Dropped Down to be 58% .. Although it still 73% in My Stats Tab ( that was Last Updated in 10 May ) So i wonder if that bug or smthing !!?

It seems like a LOT of people are seeing their JSS wrong, whilst clients and everyone else see the "right" one.

When I look at your propfile I see 73%

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed H wrote:

It seems like a LOT of people are seeing their JSS wrong, whilst clients and everyone else see the "right" one.

When I look at your propfile I see 73%

Thanks Alot Petra, i was So Afraid that its 58%, Alright then

lucioric
Community Member

I have also such an issue: my JSS in My Stats is of 97%, whereas it in my profile is 96%. Is it a bug, or it is a result of some private score showing up in My stats and not in the profile?.

Hi Lucio,

I checked and it seems that both the 'My Stats' page and your profile page are showing the same JSS. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, we can't find a way to post or contact someone, the project that we took, impacted freelancers job success scrore, although the delivery was more than 100%, could you please let uk know if this issue could be fixed?

Maksimas K wrote:

Hi there, we can't find a way to post or contact someone, the project that we took, impacted freelancers job success scrore, although the delivery was more than 100%, could you please let uk know if this issue could be fixed?

Who is "we"? You have a 100% score and you don't seem to be part of an agency.

Hi Maksimas,

We won't be able to discuss effect of a specific contract on a freelancer's Job Success Score nor we'll be able to share information about another freelancer's profile or score here. That said, Job Success Score is based on job outcomes. You can find more information about how it's calculated here. In certain cases Top Rated freelancers can request for specific feedback to be removed from their score. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi @Valeria , I am facing the same issue few days back when I closed my last contract, my JSS was 100% now it has been changed to 75%. I have 5 stars and good reviews from all my clients. And my Top Rated badge has also gone. Please facilitate.

Hi Rana,

To briefly clarify how the JSS calculation works, the Upwork system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks. Your JSS can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. You can find out more about JSS changes by checking this help article. As far as your Top Rated badge is concerned, you currently do not meet the criteria, this is why it's no longer showing.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

can you please resolve my problem? suddenly my JSS is removed from my profile.please check the issue

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your JSS. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further. Please note that posting the same query on multiple threads is considered spamming and may lead to account restrictions due to violation of Community Guidelines

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. My JSS dropped to 75% from 90plus percent. I think this happened when I started accepting job offers from clients who are actually just spammers or fraud.. Can this be disputed? I mean a lot of fraud clients started to appear even though their payment methods are verified.

beezybee
Community Member

Hi There,

I hope you are well.

I seem to be having a similar issues. Any changes I make on my jobs or clinets give me 5-star ratings, it doesnt reflect on my JSS.

Please help? 

Regards,

Beez

Hi, I hope you are doing well.

I have a question regarding my JSS calculations. I had 100% JSS till yesterday and today it dropped to 93%. I have all my contracts with 5 star ratings and excellent reviews except one 50$ contract ( with no review so it won't count into calculations). I have a big contract with 5k$+ and a 5 star excellent review. I recently completed a 100$ contract with 5 star review and it seems the client may left a private feedback so my JSS dropped but i don't agree as client was so happy. If the client left a bad private feedback i had large contract that helped me maintain my JSS for months at 100%. I had my completed contracts with 100% JSS before as they never dropped my JSS so clients never left a poor private feedback. So we are left with only recent completed 100$ job that might have effected my jss but i have more than 6k$+ contracts providing me a 100% JSS how a 100$ job caused a drop of 7% in JSS even if client left a very poor feedback but client gave a brilliant public feedback.

Please explain and if there is any problem please look into my profile i have attached screenshots and link as well. Thanks

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01dc7b37ae9395c6b7

Umer H wrote:
how a 100$ job caused a drop of 7% in JSS 

It looks like private feedback on the most recent contract wasn't that great.

With only 5 completed contracts, every one has potentially the ability to knock the JSS significantly.

Once you have a hundred, the effect of one contract is no longer as significant.

Thanks for replying, But a larger contract has a greater value in JSS and a smaller contract should have a less effect. I got a 5 star public review with good feedback so lets say client gave a very very bad private feed back how did a 100$ contract reduced the JSS by 7% bacause i have one more than 5k$ project and few small projects with great review and which gave me 100% jss for many weeks. I understand that the JSS dropped by poor private feedback which i still not think it might have happen but how a 100$ contract stands against a 5700$ contract and few small contracts and reduces the JSS by 7%, if it stands so let's say, it should have reduced the JSS only by 2% or 3 %. 

Thanks

Regards

Umer H wrote:

Thanks for replying, But a larger contract has a greater value in JSS and a smaller contract should have a less effect.

Yes. That's why your JSS only went down by 7%, not by 20% (1 in 5 = 20%)

Umer H wrote:

I understand that the JSS dropped by poor private feedback which i still not think it might have happen but how a 100$ contract stands against a 5700$ contract and few small contracts and reduces the JSS by 7%, if it stands so let's say, it should have reduced the JSS only by 2% or 3 %. 

That's not how it works. There is a ceiling to the contract size and also the weighing isn't absolute.  A $ 5000 contract does not count like 50 contracts at $ 100

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ahmed, 

I'm checking about this issue with the Job Success Score showing differently on My Stats page and on profile when viewed by the freelancer themselves and by others. Our engineers are investigating this and will work on addressing it as soon as possible. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I have been using upwork for about 6 months.I have some issues with my stats. 

a) My 12 months earning is not getting updated, as i have done 2 more jobs and received the money. but 12 months earning is on the same place. 

b) JSS was previously updated on 26th April and i got 69%.  The JSS is again updated on 10th May, and it is showing 100% on my "profile" but it is still 69% in "my stats" page.

Can anyone please help me in this regard?  Because i cannot send proposals to the jobs that requires above 80% JSS. Although it is 100% on my profile. but NOT in "My Stats"

Thanks

Hi Areesh,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello there, Aleksandar D. My Job Success Score is missing from my profile. This issue arose following yesterday's stats update.

I see 88%. 

Hi there, I'm relatively new on the Upwork platform and I want to get TOP RATED badge... I'm finding so confusing the Upwork system, and I didn't know that when I received my JSS I wasn't more able to have Rising Talent Badge (That is a lot more promising to the client)

Well, yesterday my JSS updated, it's now showing 87% on my profile but on "My-Stats" it's showing 76% and when I tried to apply for a work it said that my JSS was lower than 80%;

How can I proceed with it? What's happening?! How many times does it take to update? 

Just to update.

I tried to apply to a job and it showed that I have a JSS lower than 80%;

JSS-bad-score.png

Is it a bug or it takes time to update the system? 

Best Regards,

I have a problem with my job success, 8 weeks ago I concluded 5 contracts with 5 stars and it does not move from 78%

Hello there?!
My Job Success fell from 100% to 97% with no reason.. All od my feedbacks are 5.0 and I haven't done anything that can affect my Job Success, I would please someone to help me and find out why that happend, thank you!

I have the same problem. no reason my score drop to 86% from 90%. it seems the jss is manipulated unreasonablly

Hi,

I have completed 2 jobs successfully with 5 Star ratings but I still not see my Job Success Score at 100%. It is not showing me included in At least 90%.

Can you please look into it?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. To learn more about your ob Success Score, check out this Help Article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
efa19b74
Community Member

Hello there, Bojan S. My Job Success Score is missing from my profile. This issue arose following yesterday's stats update.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update. Due to this issue, the score isn't updating correctly. Our engineers are working to make sure it's updated as soon as possible. That said, the score publicly shown on your profile is correct.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello there, Valeria K. My Job Success Score is missing from my profile. This issue arose following yesterday's stats update.

099e3bc6
Community Member

Hello, I have a concern regarding my recent JSS update.

My first JSS was 75%, second 93%, and third which is the most recent one (10th May) was shown 93% like previously. So, I carried on thinking it remained the same, but last night (just within 48 hours my third update) my profile JSS went down to 83% from 93%. Now the catch is that in My Stats section it was still being shown as 93% while on my profile it was 83%! I considered this to be a bug and waited the night for a fix. Unfortunately when I woke up 😂 My Stats section JSS had also went down to 83%, and now I can no longer score clients with 90%+ requisite.

I would like to know:

1. Why JSS got updated twice within 14 days?
2. Why the difference in JSS on profile and my stats section?
3. Can Upwork resolve this issue, or do I need to wait for my next update?

Some information:

1. I had a dispute which resulted in Upwork paying to both the parties.
2. My private JSS was 91% which went down to 86% after the dispute, but my JSS was still 93% until last night.
3. I don't think I had any negative contracts except for that one dispute.
4. I don't have open contracts for long.
5. All of my contracts are usually below $25, and the ones above (which should weigh more for JSS according to Upwork) are all happy contracts.

Let me know if you need more information!

Yours sincerely,
Naved K.

Hi Naved,

Just to clarify that we had a known problem where the JSS on your profile and My Stats was different. The problem is now resolved and the correct JSS is listed on your profile. 
I would also like to clarify that your JSS was not updated more than once, but an update was pushed so that the problem is resolved. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue,

my client ended the contract, gave me a 5* review and my profiel success score dropped from 100% to 97%. within the "My Stats" page it still says 100%

please fix this as my 100% is a good selling point... 

Client success drop.png

Esther G wrote:

I have the same issue,

my client ended the contract, gave me a 5* review and my profiel success score dropped from 100% to 97%. within the "My Stats" page it still says 100%

please fix this as my 100% is a good selling point... 

Client success drop.png

I see 100%.

Screenshot_2020-06-21 Esther G - Systems Designer Requirements Engineer Product owner - Upwork Freelancer from Tacoronte, S[...].png

Jennifer, Thank you for checking,

can someone please clearify with me why I myself don't see a 100% and have to stress about that? thanks 🙂 

Hi Esther,

The stats on your 'My Stats' page update later than the JSS on your profile page.

When I check your profile now it says 97%.

Mine keeps dropping as well and I have no idea why.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 07.31.31.png

So the only reason I can think off this happened to me is becuase i have a client that paused the contract (we don't have any active milestones) due to COVID. 

maybe UPWORK sees this as inactivity on a contract.

how fair is that? I already lose income from covid, now i also lost my 100% rating? I asked the guy to accept to close the job, he did and gave ma a 5* rating and still it's on 97%. That's so unfair.

I've been here for three years and NEVER failed a contract, not had a despute.

now there is COVID it's harder for everyone, Upwork has this lovely banner at the beginning stating they'll help somehow... Is this what they call help? lowering people's score?

and don't get me wrong, i am not confussed, i am furious! I work fulltime on upwork I am stupid loyal and this is how we get treated, first stupid connects now lowering scores, do they want us to leave?

@Upwork support please DO Explain why this happened to me and appearently many other people.

this DOES affect us A LOT in a negative way in an already harsh time. do your job and deliver support!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths