Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score Issue

beezybee
Beez R Member Since: Nov 18, 2019
11 of 39

Hi There,

I hope you are well.

I seem to be having a similar issues. Any changes I make on my jobs or clinets give me 5-star ratings, it doesnt reflect on my JSS.

Please help? 

Regards,

Beez

umerhussain67
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Umer H Member Since: Aug 9, 2020
12 of 39
Hi, I hope you are doing well.

I have a question regarding my JSS calculations. I had 100% JSS till yesterday and today it dropped to 93%. I have all my contracts with 5 star ratings and excellent reviews except one 50$ contract ( with no review so it won't count into calculations). I have a big contract with 5k$+ and a 5 star excellent review. I recently completed a 100$ contract with 5 star review and it seems the client may left a private feedback so my JSS dropped but i don't agree as client was so happy. If the client left a bad private feedback i had large contract that helped me maintain my JSS for months at 100%. I had my completed contracts with 100% JSS before as they never dropped my JSS so clients never left a poor private feedback. So we are left with only recent completed 100$ job that might have effected my jss but i have more than 6k$+ contracts providing me a 100% JSS how a 100$ job caused a drop of 7% in JSS even if client left a very poor feedback but client gave a brilliant public feedback.

Please explain and if there is any problem please look into my profile i have attached screenshots and link as well. Thanks

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01dc7b37ae9395c6b7
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 39

Umer H wrote:
how a 100$ job caused a drop of 7% in JSS 

It looks like private feedback on the most recent contract wasn't that great.

With only 5 completed contracts, every one has potentially the ability to knock the JSS significantly.

Once you have a hundred, the effect of one contract is no longer as significant.

umerhussain67
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Umer H Member Since: Aug 9, 2020
14 of 39

Thanks for replying, But a larger contract has a greater value in JSS and a smaller contract should have a less effect. I got a 5 star public review with good feedback so lets say client gave a very very bad private feed back how did a 100$ contract reduced the JSS by 7% bacause i have one more than 5k$ project and few small projects with great review and which gave me 100% jss for many weeks. I understand that the JSS dropped by poor private feedback which i still not think it might have happen but how a 100$ contract stands against a 5700$ contract and few small contracts and reduces the JSS by 7%, if it stands so let's say, it should have reduced the JSS only by 2% or 3 %. 

Thanks

Regards

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 39

Umer H wrote:

Thanks for replying, But a larger contract has a greater value in JSS and a smaller contract should have a less effect.

Yes. That's why your JSS only went down by 7%, not by 20% (1 in 5 = 20%)

Umer H wrote:

I understand that the JSS dropped by poor private feedback which i still not think it might have happen but how a 100$ contract stands against a 5700$ contract and few small contracts and reduces the JSS by 7%, if it stands so let's say, it should have reduced the JSS only by 2% or 3 %. 

That's not how it works. There is a ceiling to the contract size and also the weighing isn't absolute.  A $ 5000 contract does not count like 50 contracts at $ 100

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 39

Hi Ahmed, 

I'm checking about this issue with the Job Success Score showing differently on My Stats page and on profile when viewed by the freelancer themselves and by others. Our engineers are investigating this and will work on addressing it as soon as possible. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
areesh96
Areesh U Member Since: May 1, 2020
17 of 39

Hello,

I have been using upwork for about 6 months.I have some issues with my stats. 

a) My 12 months earning is not getting updated, as i have done 2 more jobs and received the money. but 12 months earning is on the same place. 

b) JSS was previously updated on 26th April and i got 69%.  The JSS is again updated on 10th May, and it is showing 100% on my "profile" but it is still 69% in "my stats" page.

Can anyone please help me in this regard?  Because i cannot send proposals to the jobs that requires above 80% JSS. Although it is 100% on my profile. but NOT in "My Stats"

Thanks

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
18 of 39

Hi Areesh,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
lfdasilva
Ace Contributor
Leonardo F Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
19 of 39

Hi there, I'm relatively new on the Upwork platform and I want to get TOP RATED badge... I'm finding so confusing the Upwork system, and I didn't know that when I received my JSS I wasn't more able to have Rising Talent Badge (That is a lot more promising to the client)

Well, yesterday my JSS updated, it's now showing 87% on my profile but on "My-Stats" it's showing 76% and when I tried to apply for a work it said that my JSS was lower than 80%;

How can I proceed with it? What's happening?! How many times does it take to update? 

lfdasilva
Ace Contributor
Leonardo F Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
20 of 39

Just to update.

I tried to apply to a job and it showed that I have a JSS lower than 80%;

JSS-bad-score.png

Is it a bug or it takes time to update the system? 

Best Regards,

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS