Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score Issue

Highlighted
Esther G Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
21 of 29

Jennifer, Thank you for checking,

can someone please clearify with me why I myself don't see a 100% and have to stress about that? thanks Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
22 of 29

Hi Esther,

The stats on your 'My Stats' page update later than the JSS on your profile page.

When I check your profile now it says 97%.

Mine keeps dropping as well and I have no idea why.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 07.31.31.png

Highlighted
23 of 29

So the only reason I can think off this happened to me is becuase i have a client that paused the contract (we don't have any active milestones) due to COVID. 

maybe UPWORK sees this as inactivity on a contract.

how fair is that? I already lose income from covid, now i also lost my 100% rating? I asked the guy to accept to close the job, he did and gave ma a 5* rating and still it's on 97%. That's so unfair.

I've been here for three years and NEVER failed a contract, not had a despute.

now there is COVID it's harder for everyone, Upwork has this lovely banner at the beginning stating they'll help somehow... Is this what they call help? lowering people's score?

and don't get me wrong, i am not confussed, i am furious! I work fulltime on upwork I am stupid loyal and this is how we get treated, first stupid connects now lowering scores, do they want us to leave?

@Upwork support please DO Explain why this happened to me and appearently many other people.

this DOES affect us A LOT in a negative way in an already harsh time. do your job and deliver support!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 29

Esther G wrote:

So the only reason I can think off this happened to me is becuase i have a client that paused the contract (we don't have any active milestones) due to COVID. 

maybe UPWORK sees this as inactivity on a contract.

how fair is that? I already lose income from covid, now i also lost my 100% rating? I asked the guy to accept to close the job, he did and gave ma a 5* rating and still it's on 97%. That's so unfair.

Esther, no, that would not have caused your JSS to drop because when a contract has, in the past, led to earnings, it will not hurt your JSS in the future.

A contract that closed since yeterday won't be calculated into the JSS until next time it's updated in 2 weeks time.

How many contracts closed between the 7th and the 21. of June?

Do you have a contract that has never had any earnings at all? Open for 2+ months or closed?

Highlighted
25 of 29
Yes the one that closed yesterday was open for 2+months with no earnings due to COVID but it doesnt have active milestones. When I saw the rate drop to 97% I asked him to close it which he did.

But he did recommend me so for Upwork to assume that he would not because he himself but the contract in hold due to covid doesnt make sense. I lost a contract and now my 100% becuaseof covid how is that my fault? Also the guy now closed the contract and got me a 5* review should that not update the rate? Even though, statistically you can never go back to 100% which is exactly my issue. this is SUPER demotivating yo keep up quality I kept clean sheet for 3 years and now I got 97% for something I had no influence on and my client doesnt agree with.
Highlighted
Community Guru
26 of 29

Esther G wrote:
Yes the one that closed yesterday was open for 2+months with no earnings due to COVID but it doesnt have active milestones. When I saw the rate drop to 97% I asked him to close it which he did.

Again: That contract had earnings and is NOT what caused the drop. Contracts that have previous earnings are not "$0 ever paid" contracts.

Esther G wrote:
 I lost a contract and now my 100% becuaseof covid how is that my fault? 

No, you did not. That contract had nothing to do with your JSS.

Esther G wrote:
Also the guy now closed the contract and got me a 5* review should that not update the rate? 

Again: The JSS is updated once every 14 days. A contract that ended after the last update will not be included in your JSS until the next update. And that contract wasn't what made your rate drop anyway.

Esther G wrote:
 Even though, statistically you can never go back to 100% 

Again: (Do you actually read the replies you get??) - OF COURSE you can get back to 100% when the factor that caused the drop falls out of your calculation window.

97% is excellent and I have never heard anyone say they got less contracts at 97% than at 100% 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zeeshan M Member Since: Apr 30, 2020
27 of 29

I had a slight misunderstanding with a client and ended contract. However, we patched it up and he offered me a new contract. But the fact that I ended the contract will heavily affect my JSS. Can moderators intervene or is it beyond their reach?

____
Write like you're a death row inmate and the governor is out of the country and there's no chance for a pardon.
Highlighted
Community Guru
28 of 29

Zeeshan M wrote:

But the fact that I ended the contract will heavily affect my JSS. 

Ending the contract does not have a negative effect on the JSS. Ending a contract in anger with no earnings, ever, however does. This effect can be reversed by earning money on the closed contract, unless the client left unfavourable private feedback.

Moderators can not intervene in your JSS.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zeeshan M Member Since: Apr 30, 2020
29 of 29

Thank you Petra. Much appreciated. Do you have any tips on anger management?

____
Write like you're a death row inmate and the governor is out of the country and there's no chance for a pardon.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS