🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score Issue
Page options
hamdyahmed90
Community Member

Job Success Score Issue

After Finishing All my contracts ( 4 Jobs ) i found myself with 73% JSS ... i Currently have 2 Contracts with no Milestones .. Problem here is when i was checking my profile i found that the JSS Dropped Down to be 58% .. Although it still 73% in My Stats Tab ( that was Last Updated in 10 May ) So i wonder if that bug or smthing !!?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed H wrote:

After Finishing All my contracts ( 4 Jobs ) i found myself with 73% JSS ... i Currently have 2 Contracts with no Milestones .. Problem here is when i was checking my profile i found that the JSS Dropped Down to be 58% .. Although it still 73% in My Stats Tab ( that was Last Updated in 10 May ) So i wonder if that bug or smthing !!?

It seems like a LOT of people are seeing their JSS wrong, whilst clients and everyone else see the "right" one.

When I look at your propfile I see 73%

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Esther G wrote:

So the only reason I can think off this happened to me is becuase i have a client that paused the contract (we don't have any active milestones) due to COVID. 

maybe UPWORK sees this as inactivity on a contract.

how fair is that? I already lose income from covid, now i also lost my 100% rating? I asked the guy to accept to close the job, he did and gave ma a 5* rating and still it's on 97%. That's so unfair.

Esther, no, that would not have caused your JSS to drop because when a contract has, in the past, led to earnings, it will not hurt your JSS in the future.

A contract that closed since yeterday won't be calculated into the JSS until next time it's updated in 2 weeks time.

How many contracts closed between the 7th and the 21. of June?

Do you have a contract that has never had any earnings at all? Open for 2+ months or closed?

Yes the one that closed yesterday was open for 2+months with no earnings due to COVID but it doesnt have active milestones. When I saw the rate drop to 97% I asked him to close it which he did.

But he did recommend me so for Upwork to assume that he would not because he himself but the contract in hold due to covid doesnt make sense. I lost a contract and now my 100% becuaseof covid how is that my fault? Also the guy now closed the contract and got me a 5* review should that not update the rate? Even though, statistically you can never go back to 100% which is exactly my issue. this is SUPER demotivating yo keep up quality I kept clean sheet for 3 years and now I got 97% for something I had no influence on and my client doesnt agree with.

Esther G wrote:
Yes the one that closed yesterday was open for 2+months with no earnings due to COVID but it doesnt have active milestones. When I saw the rate drop to 97% I asked him to close it which he did.

Again: That contract had earnings and is NOT what caused the drop. Contracts that have previous earnings are not "$0 ever paid" contracts.

Esther G wrote:
 I lost a contract and now my 100% becuaseof covid how is that my fault? 

No, you did not. That contract had nothing to do with your JSS.

Esther G wrote:
Also the guy now closed the contract and got me a 5* review should that not update the rate? 

Again: The JSS is updated once every 14 days. A contract that ended after the last update will not be included in your JSS until the next update. And that contract wasn't what made your rate drop anyway.

Esther G wrote:
 Even though, statistically you can never go back to 100% 

Again: (Do you actually read the replies you get??) - OF COURSE you can get back to 100% when the factor that caused the drop falls out of your calculation window.

97% is excellent and I have never heard anyone say they got less contracts at 97% than at 100% 

11f7a755
Community Member

I had a slight misunderstanding with a client and ended contract. However, we patched it up and he offered me a new contract. But the fact that I ended the contract will heavily affect my JSS. Can moderators intervene or is it beyond their reach?

petra_r
Community Member

Zeeshan M wrote:

But the fact that I ended the contract will heavily affect my JSS. 

Ending the contract does not have a negative effect on the JSS. Ending a contract in anger with no earnings, ever, however does. This effect can be reversed by earning money on the closed contract, unless the client left unfavourable private feedback.

Moderators can not intervene in your JSS.

11f7a755
Community Member

Thank you Petra. Much appreciated. Do you have any tips on anger management?

williamtcooper
Community Member

The score is updated every 2 weeks and there can be a one day lag between those two parts of the Upwork profile. Increase your next score with several 5-Star awesome Reviews.

5b6e3392
Community Member

delete

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
magedmahfouz
Community Member

JSS system makes freelancers **Edited for Community Guidelines** to clients. Upwork must stop this system as it is unfair for freelancers

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths