cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score Problem

Brett B Member Since: May 25, 2015
1 of 3

I can't make heads or tails of the  metrics or algorithem behind our Job Success score.

I have several ongoing clients who all say they are happy, and both clients who closed jobs with me since last March left me 5 star feedback,...yet my score keeps dropping!!

How am I supposed to fix this if the clients say they are happy and the feedback is 5 star? What could possibly be wrong?  

And even if they bad mouthed me privately to odesk, which seems unlikely, how can I fix or address the problem if the feedback isn't shared with me, and all I see are the compliemnts and the five stars? 

The new system seem to put us entirely at the mercy of dishonest clients with no recourse or remedy.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 3

Brett, you have just voiced the concern I've been having for sometime now. I've recently gotten clients saying they are fine with my work and no word of disatisfaction uttered; no suggestion to adjust anything; and then the job score drops a whopping 5% - crazy!

And since the new system began showing Top Job Score ratings, it seems to me like there is a breed of clients that is out to 'cut you to size' just for fun. Why then would a client not provide sincere constructive criticism to the contractor but instead hide behind Private Feedback and spray dirt and venom?

I think it would be best to have moderation between public and private feedback so that if a client has no constructive criticism to give the contractor in order for him or her to better his/her services, then any negative feedback in private should be rejected or ignored completely.  

Stanislav I Member Since: Jan 24, 2015
3 of 3

I have absolutely same thing. And it's very sad and my motivation is low, after this. Make job on the highest level, get 5 stars, and after that, your rating falls to 5-7%.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS