Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score Reduces

Highlighted
Bojan V Member Since: Jan 22, 2017
1 of 3

Hi Upwork,

I have 2 questions:
1. since i joined Upwork couple of months ago, is there any blog, text, where I can read and learn everything about the Upwork?
2. I had several jobs done successful and when I got JSS, it was 90%, dunno why, because jobs were 100% done.
But that is off question. Main question is that I had a break 2 weeks with no jobs, due to some personal things, and my JSS went down to 83%.

So questions are:

- among all fixed price jobs DONE, I have 1 long term which is open, but I do not have work on daily basis. I work for that client from time to time when she needs me. IF open contact effects JSS in bad way, is there any way to put that contact in "sleep mode" "hold" or whatever, which means that "we are not currently work, but we have contract and will work from time to time" ?

- since JSS is calculated every 2 weeks around Sunday (I think), I got the job this Friday (and it was 2nd week of JSS calc.), and I am currently in the middle of the work, could that maybe affect JSS raiting in lowering it?

Because I do not see any other solution for lowering the raiting.
Thats why I ask for any Upwork text/pdf with all those kind of answers (is there any...)

Thanks Upwork!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Bojan,

Please see my replies to your questionsBojan V wrotevinbox wrote:

1. since i joined Upwork couple of months ago, is there any blog, text, where I can read and learn everything about the Upwork?

Please check the guides, Help articles/videos, tutorials, Community threads and webinars shared here.

- among all fixed price jobs DONE, I have 1 long term which is open, but I do not have work on daily basis. I work for that client from time to time when she needs me. IF open contact effects JSS in bad way, is there any way to put that contact in "sleep mode" "hold" or whatever, which means that "we are not currently work, but we have contract and will work from time to time" ?

To clarify, only open contracts without any activity might affect the Job Success Score negatively. Hourly contracts can be paused but this won't stop them from becoming inactive.

- since JSS is calculated every 2 weeks around Sunday (I think), I got the job this Friday (and it was 2nd week of JSS calc.), and I am currently in the middle of the work, could that maybe affect JSS raiting in lowering it?

Winning and working on new contracts will not affect your score negatively.

Because I do not see any other solution for lowering the raiting.
Thats why I ask for any Upwork text/pdf with all those kind of answers (is there any...

Please check this Help article to learn more about the Job Success Score calculation. Note that the score is based on all the contracts you've had, even those without any money paid. Private feedback clients leave is also an important factor of the calculation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Simona S Member Since: May 18, 2019
3 of 3

Hello, 

I had the exact same situation. 

My success score was 93% and this week it dropped to 86%. All my ratings and feedback from clients are excellent. 

Now I understand that a contract doesn't have to be left without activity. 

Thanks a lot for the answers. Upwork should really think about all the freelancers that are working part-time on the platform and sometimes the clients are the ones who left a contract open and make another one. 

When I contact them, they close the previous version, but it was too late and my rating dropped significantly and because of that I am maybe not able to get new clients this week. 

In addition, I always receive an invitation on which I respond within 1-2 hours and every time except them, and my response time is under 24 hours. 

I try to be online almost all the time. So really think about the way you are calculating the success score. Sometimes a freelancer can have really bad reviews and still have a score of around 90-95%. 

Thanks for your time, 

Simona

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS