Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score - Stuck at 88% - Advice needed

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 29

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Karin,

@Karin S wrote:

I came across few profiles here on Upwork. one had no jobs done, and 100 % score .

And other had one job with no earning..also 100 %. 

Could you please send me a private message with links to such profiles? Freelancers only get their JSS once they completed certain number of contracts with feedback from different clients. 

Valeria, for a while agency freelancers with no jobs "inherited" their agency JSS (which I thought was totally ridiculous) - has that been discontinued?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 29

Hey Petra,

The agency JSS should only show on freelancer's profile if the agency freelancer has completed enough jobs to qualify for JSS, unless the freelancer is the agency owner. If they are the agency owner, they are responsible for performance of all the agency freelancers and therefore the agency JSS will show on their profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
23 of 29

@Valeria K wrote:

Hey Petra,

The agency JSS should only show on freelancer's profile if the agency freelancer has completed enough jobs to qualify for JSS, unless the freelancer is the agency owner. If they are the agency owner, they are responsible for performance of all the agency freelancers and therefore the agency JSS will show on their profile.

Well, I am staring at an entire agency full of agency member profiles with a JSS of 97% (the agency JSS) who do not qualify for their own JSS, so this is clearly not the case.

97_1.jpg97.2.jpg97.3.jpg

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
24 of 29

Petra,

Could you please PM me the link to that profile?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
25 of 29

@Valeria K wrote:

Petra,

Could you please PM me the link to that profile?

Haha, I knew that was coming so I saved it.... PM on its way!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
26 of 29

Valeria, sorry I just saw and can not even remember or find. 

Thanks for your reply about the JSS when away. Can understand that.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Karlo V Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
27 of 29

Jennifer please can you explain how there is lot more options when you are under 90% than 90%+ . Petra made great example with marbels I agree on this one. 

However you are talking complete nonsenses. Please look at attachment. This are my profile stats. I have 0 profile views in last month. This is when my profile dropped to 88%. You understand? It is not up to my Application, it is not on how my profile looks. Noone even gets to the point when they see my profile. How are my options better with profile under 90% when almost everyone wants profile 90%+ . They do not even look at my profile. 

Everything is fine I understand why it is harder to raise it back and everything. I will manage to do it somehow. But please do not talk nonsens things Smiley Very Happy

SEM Expert
Highlighted
Community Leader
Dan S Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
28 of 29

Karlo, I know exactly what you are going through. I was on Elance for over ten years and kept very busy with a score of 4.9. Once Upwork and their JSS came along I was good for awhile but ran across two jerks that demanded that I do lots of extra work for free. I refused and they gave me poor ratings to retaliate, knocking my JSS down to 85. After that I got no replies to any bids. I stepped away from Upwork for a year, just logging in tonight but I see that things have not changed. If your JSS is below 90 you are screwed and need to look around for other means of finding work because you get nothing if your score is below 90.

Because I had many, many solid clients from my work at elance (I am a web designer)  I can now deal with them directly since they are outside of the 2 year window, thus eliminating the need for any freelance sites and the fees they charge. I advise everyone to cultivate your past clients, stay in touch with them and once they are outside of the 2 year window deal with them directly. You will find out that if youo offer them referral fees for the clients they send to you that you will not need to put up with all the problems of dealing with freelance sites.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Craig G Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
29 of 29

"Jennifer please can you explain how there is lot more options when you are under 90% than 90%+ . ...However you are talking complete nonsenses."

Language misinterpretation. "There are a lot more options under 90% than over 90%" does not mean "You'll have a lot more opportunities if your score is under 90% than if it's over 90%." It means, "When you have a very high average, a lot more can happen to bring it down than can happen to raise it even further."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS