Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score - Stuck at 88% - Advice needed

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 29

John G wrote:

On that note, there is a client that messaged me. I asked him to remove me from his query but he won't... It seems as if you are saying these things will affect that score.

What do you mean? A client messaged you and you think that affects your score? What do you mean by "remove you from his query?"

First of all you don't have a JSS. Secondly, only the outcome of actual contracts affects your JSS. Clients sending you messages does not affect your JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
12 of 29

To drop down it goes fast...Then to raise it again is not as quick...How come ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
13 of 29

That is how percentages work.

say you have 9 yellow marbles. Your yellow marble percentage is 100%

then I give you a blue marble. Now your yellow marble percentage is 90%

If I then give you 10 more yellow marbles, it raises your yellow marble percentage to 95% (19 out of 20)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
14 of 29

@Petra R wrote:

That is how percentages work.

say you have 9 yellow marbles. Your yellow marble percentage is 100%

then I give you a blue marble. Now your yellow marble percentage is 90%

If I then give you 10 more yellow marbles, it raises your yellow marble percentage to 95% (19 out of 20)

Great example.

“The Upwork system takes snapshots of your 6, 12 and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these rolling windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks.”

If your JSS is based on your 6-month history, that single blue marble will continue to affect your JSS for 6 months.

In other words, the climb back to 100% JSS will take 6 months.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 29

@Ravindra B wrote:

Great example.

“The Upwork system takes snapshots of your 6, 12 and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these rolling windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks.”

If your JSS is based on your 6-month history, that single blue marble will continue to affect your JSS for 6 months.

I have saved Petra's apple/marble explanation (Thank you Petra - I wish you had been  around when I was at school)

However, somebody must have given me a lot of marbles of the right colour, as a few weeks ago my JSS dropped dramatically from 100% to 92% and then recovered about two weeks later - not six months.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
16 of 29

@Nichola L wrote:

@Ravindra B wrote:

Great example.

I have saved Petra's apple/marble explanation (Thank you Petra - I wish you had been  around when I was at school)

However, somebody must have given me a lot of marbles of the right colour, as a few weeks ago my JSS dropped dramatically from 100% to 92% and then recovered about two weeks later - not six months.

If your JSS is based on your 6-month history...

"Certa bonum certamen"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
17 of 29

You ever go to the collage and get 1 bad grade and try to get back up to the A range? It ain't so easy once you get that one bad grade. There's a lot more options at <90 than >90

Highlighted
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
18 of 29

Thats so true Jennifer.

I came across few profiles here on Upwork. one had no jobs done, and 100 % score .

And other had one job with no earning..also 100 %.

I have to say I am so confused with everything about this scores. I read and ask again and again..but I just cant understand it. ( I am probably stupid )

After a longer period of time this summer when I worked with my fine art and wasnt on here much..my scored raised without me doing anything. It seems it is better to stay away from working..go hibernate or so. Its then it was raised last time..

Highlighted
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
19 of 29

@Karin S wrote:

Thats so true Jennifer.

I came across few profiles here on Upwork. one had no jobs done, and 100 % score .

I have to say I am so confused with everything about this scores. I read and ask again and again..but I just cant understand it. ( I am probably stupid )

--------------------------------------

I don't understand. A freelancer needs at least four closed jobs with three contracts to have a JSS. It took me even more than four closed jobs. Were these freelancers with no completed jobs members of agencies? I think I saw there is something weird with JSS for individual agency members because it shows the agencies scores. ??? I actually have not seen such profiles, but that is the only thing I could think of. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 29

Hi Karin,

@Karin S wrote:

Could you please send me a private message with links to such profiles? Freelancers only get their JSS once they completed certain number of contracts with feedback from different clients. 

@Karin S wrote:

After a longer period of time this summer when I worked with my fine art and wasnt on here much..my scored raised without me doing anything. It seems it is better to stay away from working..go hibernate or so. Its then it was raised last time..

It's possible that some negative outcomes fell off of the calculation while you were away and your JSS improved.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS