🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score Sucks
Page options
jademilburn
Community Member

Upwork - Job Success Thread **title edited**

I want Community Forum Moderators to add to this thread, and really listen to what is going on.

I, like many others am sure have the same story.

I used to love Odesk, and got many job interviews each week. I had all 5 star feedback, and glowing written references from my clients. Then Odesk made alot of changes and introduced Job Success rate. I was shocked that mine was 67%. That was until I looked at other discussions and heard of other people who had five star feedback, lots of good references and yet had a very low job success rate.

This system is beyond unfair as

!)Upwork introduced new changes and a new feedback system. They should NOT include information that people believed was being entered anonymously, prior to the changes. The Job success rate includes information that clients did not think would be shown publicly. They left star feedback that would be shown publicly. You CANNOt use retroactive data for a new system.

2)Since the Job success rate has been started, I am now not getting invited to interview for ANY jobs, so how could I get my Job success rate, even if I tried?

You have made a very bad error with this.

Can every freelancer on this forum who wants to get rid of the job success rate feature, reply with 'Get rid', and lets see if they listen to us.

1,457 REPLIES 1,457

@Setu M wrote:

@Darrin O wrote:

That'd be too big a presumption.  The very fact that it exhibits wild swings based on little to no change in the data indicates it is inherently flawed.  They're using it as a hashing algorithm (i.e., stack ranking) rather than a performance measure.

What formula? What data? You have seen neither the formula, nor the data, but yet you are sure it is flawed. How is that scientific, or correct?

The change, Setu, the change.  There has been no change to my data in a long time, especially regarding private feedback, yet there has been significant change in my JSS.  It is 100% scientific on my part to propose hypotheses to (attempt to) explain the underlying formula so long as Upwork continues to insist on keeping it a secret.

It's true that if I knew the formula I could work forward to see how it turned my data into a JSS.  But it takes more than knowing the math to make the JSS "adequate".  When nothing changes in my work history but my "job success" still flops around by 20%, it is not a long reach to say there are flaws in that system.

@Darrin O wrote:

The change, Setu, the change.  There has been no change to my data in a long time, especially regarding private feedback, yet there has been significant change in my JSS.  It is 100% scientific on my part to propose hypotheses to (attempt to) explain the underlying formula so long as Upwork continues to insist on keeping it a secret.

It's true that if I knew the formula I could work forward to see how it turned my data into a JSS.  But it takes more than knowing the math to make the JSS "adequate".  When nothing changes in my work history but my "job success" still flops around by 20%, it is not a long reach to say there are flaws in that system.

Agreed. I left Upwork for awhile (back when it was oDesk) and Elance was still in business, and then I came back a few months later. Not sure of exact timeframe. But I was extremely confused when I saw my positive reviews pop right back up. Then one particular client came along and left no review. All of a sudden job score dropped, but the client never said a word about any flawed content to me. To this day, I don't know if the score drop was due to me cancelling job proposals (because I was working full time on a huge project and couldn't handle outside work during that time), a bad review (that I never knew anything about) or something else altogether. When I asked Upwork, I got the kind of answer you copy and paste from FAQs and was still left wondering the exact same question. I liked it better the old way when only the reviews were there. 

Simply remove the fact that, when a Client leaves no feedback, it influences your JSS negatively.

I'm getting tired of always having to ask Clients to do this for me, and it's frustrating when they're just one time users who don't return and it's a matter of time before the open contract influences me negatively.

It's not fair.

I could talk about the JSS all day. But I don't feel like it. The forum moderators' responses here are laughable, and better resemble script responses to disguise the true intentions of the JSS. 

This altruistic "It's for the client" nonsense is simply that - nonsense. It's for Upwork. 

For example, a job is started but no hours are entered. Negatively affects JSS. It isn't to bolster or aid the client-freelancer relationship, it's to ensure that the work being done on platform generates the most amount of revenue for the platform. 

The strictly pro-client emphasis of Upwork is a major reason for disliking huge elements of the platform - where is the JSS applied to clients? 

JSS will always be the biggest deterrent to my staying here. It's biased, needlessly problematic and only causes issues, not least of which is the paranoia concerning the multitude of unknown factors affecting it. 

I've had conversations with live chat assistance in which it has become blatant that not even the support staff have any real idea of what does and does not affect the scoring. 

Bleh, it is what it is. I said I wouldn't talk about it, but here I am writing a paragraph. Generally, I'm sick of having no real control. As another freelancer pointed out, a client fails to leave feedback, I get negatively scored. Why would I work so hard to please clients, only to have my ranking subject to the whims of fate? And the support staff need to seriously revise their overwhelmingly patornising "If you do better" pitch. 

Agree 100 times

@Ramon v wrote:

Simply remove the fact that, when a Client leaves no feedback, it influences your JSS negatively.

I'm getting tired of always having to ask Clients to do this for me, and it's frustrating when they're just one time users who don't return and it's a matter of time before the open contract influences me negatively.

It's not fair.

Yes! This annoys me to no end. No feedback does not mean that the client had a bad experience. 99% of the time, it just means they can't be bothered. I actually had one client who I have done two jobs for, and I asked on both for her to leave feedback. After about a month, she replied that she would be glad to leave good feedback, but needed me to click the option to allow her to do so. (Apparently, the client can't change feedback left, even if it's none, after x amount of time.) I did, and she still didn't leave feedback! 

Another factor that is bringing my rating down is that I accepted a voiceover job that required an iPhone 4 or below. I planned to use my mother's phone. The client took a whole month to get the materials together, and by that time my mom had decided to upgrade her phone. I had to end the contract because I no longer had access to the right hardware. The client received a refund. For this measly $10 job, I've been penalized, all because the client took their good sweet time taking action on the job. They were hiring tons of people, too. I don't think that type of returned contract should be a penalty on my score.

juliejubz
Community Member

There are so many things I want to say about this subject but everyone has already said them all at one point or another. What's got me not taking up anymore jobs is the fact that a single job dropped me from 100% to 91% barely keeping me at "top rated" status.

I can't even begin to explain how unfair that is. The client didn't write feedback but gave me 4 stars. Who knows what he put down in my "private feedback" to have it drop THAT much! And if you want to know the story of that job, this is what it was: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-explain-a-bad-review-or-not/m-p/142664#M76216 so completely crazy from the beginning!

Now, some of you are saying that issuing refunds is a bad thing, so what was I supposed to do? Keep the money he sent by accident? Because I am seeing no other way out of these situations if WE are trying to be the responsible ones and the site still penalizes us for it.

nikkigaskins
Community Member

While JSS is good in theory--it's very flawed. If Upwork is going to put so much pressure on freelancers, clients should be held to the same standards.

Afterall, there are bad clients on here just as there are bad freelancers. Weeding out poor clients is just as important as weeding out "poor" freelancers.

Upwork CANNOT succeed without both the freelancer and the client--so why is so much pressure put on the freelancers alone? Without us, Upwork wouldn't make money. Remember that!

This is what annoys/frustrates me about JSS:

1. I have multiple clients who are inactive. I've asked them multiple times to close the contract. No response. YET if I close the contract or Upwork closes them for me--that's going to hurt my JSS and it's ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT.

2. If I'm hired by a client who then decides a few days later they don't need the work afterall--and cancels the contract, that still counts against the freelancer. How is that fair? It should count against the client.

Upwork, I like you guys (most of the time). However, if you continue to ignore the complaints of freelancers on here, it'll hurt you in the long run.  It may not be today, tomorrow or a year from now--but it will.

You never know. Other similar companies may evolve (while others like Guru, Freelancer, etc step up their game) and begin marketing to frustrated Upworkers.

BOTTOM LINE: LISTEN YOUR FREELANCERS.  FORWARD OUR MESSAGES TO THE POWERS THAT BE. THE CEO NEEDS TO SEE THESE COMPLAINTS...AND THE REASONS BEHIND THEM. IF JSS CAN'T BE FIXED TO BE COMPLETELY FAIR...GET RID OF THE DARN THING! 

Some businesses listen to their customers and some do not.  I agree with this and many similar posts: Upwork is looking for short-term gains and shortcuts rather than considering the big picture. If people do leave the platform, they should write a letter to Upwork explaining why. The only sustainable business model is being responsive to comments from those your business serves.

silvanakbgd
Community Member

You are right! They should not change something that works perfectly. I have 4.95 personal feedbacks score from clients - I earned it with hard work, delivered my work in a timely manner. But some of my clients just stopped working on some projects or do not want to close a project. Just because of this I have 71% Job Success and I can not improve it. So, right now I am thinking to quit from this website and find some better place for me and my career.

vishalkadia
Community Member

Guys Job Success score is nothing but "FALSE REPRESENTATION"

Now you will say why?
I worked around 8 jobs got 4.3 avg stars on my works,

now what happens Work gets completed I get review of 4+ star, but there you go the rating goes from 70 to 60 to 58...and so on

Contarary my friend who has not worked on upwork since 2014, just one job completed and is "RISING TALENT and recommended"

So if the job success score goes below 70, no client will consider giving you job. I am no longer applying any jobs cause the first thing client see is my low Job success score and of course I get eliminted.

May be they just sees how much money they are earning, or may be they are giving higher rates to the premium freelancers, or may be some freelancers are getting better preferences or may be only new freelancers being "Rising talent" or "Recommended because of new" or something like are preferred.

And ofcourse if you go to support you will see "Its just like this we cant help you"

So ya m totally against this job success scores, And using other freelancer website over upwork.

I hope upwork gets rolled over to Odesk again (Perfect reviews) and I will be back again.....

There were no problems in Odesk, not as a client nor as a freelancer. but now it just sucks.

atria
Community Member

Job success rate is uncontrollable even for top rated freelancers. But I always have an option  to find work elsewhere. Your job success rate is a reflection of how we are valued by upwork. 

kamsan098
Community Member

GET RID OF THIS OPAQUE SCORING METHOD!

Hello Jade,

After reading your message, I can't help but wholeheartedly agree with you that this job success score thing should be removed by Upwork.

All through 2015, A LOT of clients didn't give me feedback, both of Elance and Odesk, even though I completed the jobs successfully, well within time and was at my most polite behaviour. And the frustrating part is most of them even verbally told me that my work was great.

But then just because many of them didn't bother to leave a feedback for me, my job success rate is down to 58% at present and honestly this is not an ideal thing to display.

And look at my ratings which are actually given by my the kind customers. All 5 stars (except one...it was a 4 star in Elance.. no idea how it became "3.95" when it migrated to Upwork). 

So the troubling points are:

1. The migration from ELance to Upwork has affected many of us a lot. For example some Elance customers of mine didn't bother to put a rating and that was evidently calculated HERE IN UPWORK as a negative factor to my job success score. 

2.  Upwork is not showng the good old star rating anymore. Take the case of customers buying a product from an e-commerce site and not giving rating to the products (which happens a lot). Now does the product rating go down just because 10 people bought it and only 4 people actually bothered to rate it? No! They show just the average rating of those 4 customers.  

But instead Upwork is just showing the job success rate. I understand that what Upwork is not a product site. But we freelancers are trying to do business as well. We need to look good and someone else's irresponsibility should not hamper our career. I repeat, a score calculated using not-so-transparent factors, is not well over 80%, gives a very bad first impression.

3. As far as I have understood the job success score calculation, Upwork claims they take in the elements of "inactivity for a long time" and "job repeat" as factors as well. 

As for me, the truth is some odesk, and especially Elance clients did repeat their work with me. Only they didn't bother to leave feedback for every job. Many of them in Upwork didn't even close the job properly, which resulted in "inactivity for a long time"!  

Now why should we be penalized for irresponsibility from the clients' side?

I request people to step forward to share their concerns as well. 

They already have done many hundreds of times, but unfortunately it's clear by now it's not going to make much difference. 

Jobs without feedback should not negatively impact JSS. I am tired of asking clients to leave feedback. sometimes I have to spend more time on following up with clients regarding feedback than actual work. (I never ask them to leave good feedback)

@Arslan wrote:

Jobs without feedback should not negatively impact JSS. I am tired of asking clients to leave feedback. sometimes I have to spend more time on following up with clients regarding feedback than actual work. (I never ask them to leave good feedback)

So true. I am too fed up of that ... and NEVER asked to leave good feedback.

Clients and Freelnacers should be like Ying and Yang... their balanced co-existence is the essence of a stable system. In their evidently flawed business model, till now all I can see is that Upwork has ended up not truly valuing its Freelancers. This is just beyond unfortunate.

@Kamalika S wrote:

@Arslan wrote:

So true. I am too fed up of that ... and NEVER asked to leave good feedback.

Clients and Freelnacers should be like Ying and Yang... their balanced co-existence is the essence of a stable system. In their evidently flawed business model, till now all I can see is that Upwork has ended up not truly valuing its Freelancers. This is just beyond unfortunate.

Asking clients to leave feedback in any way just seems wrong to me, which is why I never did it until I realized (the hard way) that I have to. Job Success should reflect only that - JOB SUCCESS (not how successful you are at manipulating your clients).

catalinajuarros
Community Member

Ugh, I'm having the same problem. My job success rate should NOT be affected by a lazy client keeping a job open until hell freezes over and not giving me any feedback – I've delivered everything properly and on time and I've got several repeat clients. Fix this ASAP, it's absolutely unfair to your hard-working userbase.

atria
Community Member

What is the action of the creator and administrator of upwork? We need you to respond to our complaints? Should we raise a ticket about this? 

How would you rate the support you received?
Good, I'm satisfied
Bad, I'm unsatisf

@Almira T wrote:

What is the action of the creator and administrator of upwork? We need you to respond to our complaints? Should we raise a ticket about this? 

... and someway or another, JSS  lives one's own life - up-down-up-down-...-down with no reasons. Oh, surely - _the_secret_ formula is the reason.

I know it is posted all over the forum because I read most of it but just need to say again that this system really sucks.

I have over 100 jobs completed with only 2 jobs below a 5.0 rating and those were out of my control. Every job I have done was completed perfectly.

Why would I possibly have an 81% rating? No need to answer because the only answer is your algorithm sucks and it is effecting my life.

I am retiring soon and was planning on doing freelancing full time on here but I just might have to move to a different platform since you guys cant figure this out. Why would someone hire me with an 81% job success rating? That says 19% of the time I don't do the job successfully. That is insane!

You need to remember without the freelancers you wouldn't have a business. Time to start taking care of us like you do the clients.

Also is it true I can get my account suspended if I fall below 70%? Are you serious!!! Name one thing I did on here in these 100 jobs completed that I would even come close to deserving that.

Rant Over.

Regarding "is it true I can get my account suspended if I fall below 70%?", I would like an answer to this too.

I remember that there is supposed to be a cut-off score; but then how come, during the past year, I have seen numerous profiles on the site with JS scores ranging anywhere from 17 to 55%?

Aaron and Isabelle Anne,

That is correct and we are conducting occasional reviews of freelancer accounts. However, there are multiple factors that are taken into consideration during these reviews and the Job Success score is one of them. Additionally, if freelancers manage to improve after receiving the first notification, they can continue using their account.

~ Valeria
Upwork
aenjzel
Community Member

I totally agree with this. 

Job Success rate is Upwork's worst innovation. 

You should have made 'giving feedback' compulsory especially to clients. I had a lot of successful projects before but because some clients are too busy they don't have time to leave feedback no matter how much you remind them. 

Apart from this feature hinders deserving freelancers from landing a job, this also discourages returning freelancers from re-activating their account. Seriously Upwork? Clients aren't your only source of money because you also get something from us so better plan your innovations better. 

michaeldk
Community Member

I have a 95-100% job successrate, but I still think it is wrongly implemented. Change it.

Right now I have customers who disappear after getting the files and paying the money, they don't bother to leave feedback and don't respond to any kind of message. They were happy, often paying me extra bonus money even - but simply don't understand the rating system, forgot about it or have no time for it.

That currently costs me 5%,  I can understand the frustration of other people who have more such customers! 

I realize this will never happen, but the JSS is ridiculous.

I came from Elance and had one client who was a repeater, but never left feedback. Was told by them, they just don't do it very often.  When I came over from elance I was top rated - even with this missing feedback. In a short time, that dropped to 74% - I was told it included Elance history when I merged. Okay - makes sense with the missing feedback.

I asked on the Elance forums if this would continue to be the case and was told no, once I went to UW, my JSS would be based on that activity. This was by the moderators and not fellow freelancers.

I maintained the 74% until three weeks ago when I was awarded my first contract on UW. It shot up to 86%. I was very happy because based on conversations with clients, the 74% was hurting my chances of getting the contract. I completed the contract - early and with great feedback. 

You can guess my surprise when I logged on to discover my JSS had DROPPED back to 75%. I asked CS and was told this:

"Feedbacks are important to measure the success of a freelancer in the marketplace.

Your Score will reflect the combined work on Elance and Upwork over the past 2 years. Since the score will no longer reflect Upwork activity only, it's expected for the score to vary just a bit. This could mean a decrease, but in most cases an increase."

AND:

"I got a confirmation that Elance also have private feedback on contracts. So when your overall score was refreshed, it recalculates your job success with your contracts that falls on a 24-month window."

So, until the 24-month window passes, those old contracts without feedback (although they were completed on schedule)  are going to continue to drive my JSS DOWN.

Another issue is the "private feedback" allowed to clients, but not contractors. 

Like I said, I know this won't change things, but I am tired of being held responsible for clients not leaving feedback. If I push for them to leave it - they have the option of leaving negative private feedback and that's worse than not leaving any at all.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

@Cherie M wrote:

I realize this will never happen, but the JSS is ridiculous.

I came from Elance and had one client who was a repeater, but never left feedback. Was told by them, they just don't do it very often.  When I came over from elance I was top rated - even with this missing feedback. In a short time, that dropped to 74% - I was told it included Elance history when I merged. Okay - makes sense with the missing feedback.

I asked on the Elance forums if this would continue to be the case and was told no, once I went to UW, my JSS would be based on that activity. This was by the moderators and not fellow freelancers.

I maintained the 74% until three weeks ago when I was awarded my first contract on UW. It shot up to 86%. I was very happy because based on conversations with clients, the 74% was hurting my chances of getting the contract. I completed the contract - early and with great feedback. 

You can guess my surprise when I logged on to discover my JSS had DROPPED back to 75%. I asked CS and was told this:

"Feedbacks are important to measure the success of a freelancer in the marketplace.

Your Score will reflect the combined work on Elance and Upwork over the past 2 years. Since the score will no longer reflect Upwork activity only, it's expected for the score to vary just a bit. This could mean a decrease, but in most cases an increase."

AND:

"I got a confirmation that Elance also have private feedback on contracts. So when your overall score was refreshed, it recalculates your job success with your contracts that falls on a 24-month window."

So, until the 24-month window passes, those old contracts without feedback (although they were completed on schedule)  are going to continue to drive my JSS DOWN.

Another issue is the "private feedback" allowed to clients, but not contractors. 

Like I said, I know this won't change things, but I am tired of being held responsible for clients not leaving feedback. If I push for them to leave it - they have the option of leaving negative private feedback and that's worse than not leaving any at all.

Especially the clients who wanted to convince me to work off the plattform did not leave a feedback after I refused to do that. Some clients just have been too lazy or to busy ... 

macollinsone
Community Member

hmm..so i've come to the conclusion that the algorithm writer for this is also a freelancer on here, and wants everyone below them...this thread tells me that...this added to the 6 day wait period for payments, makes this site not worth it...there's plenty others to use...

First of I imagine the algorithm works about as good as the rest of Upwork.

Second lets look at how absurd it is.

JSS.png

If the rolling windows always always display the best score, then why would a contract falling out of the 6 month window affect your score, it is obviously still in the 12 and 24 month periods?

Secondly how can my JSS drop with no activity,  my satisfied clients are still my satisfied clients, that hasn't changed so why should the JSS?

Making it further absurd, this 24 month window, would you judge stock performance on a measly 2 year window?  Furthermore does that mean I could have say 100 jobs, 5 stars, and a 100 JSS, take a 24 month sabbatical and have a 0 JSS, is that even remotely logical?

It's clear the metric is not a measure of job satisfaction, or a metric to measure the quality of freelancer's work, but rather a metric for Upwork to promote who they think is going to make them more money.

The JSS , along with the myriad other punitive factors engaged in by Upworkl and it's representatives towards freelancers  makes it clear that Upwork is ultimately nothing more than an easily-replicated attempt to capitalize off a growing economic trend without adding any real value to the process of freelancing, or any real incentive for freelancers to stick around.

Hi Jordan,

If the rolling windows always always display the best score, then why would a contract falling out of the 6 month window affect your score, it is obviously still in the 12 and 24 month periods?

As stated in the Help Article you shared, the score represents the best out of the three time windows. A job falling out of one window inevitably affects the calculation in that particular window and in the window it lands in (increasing or decreasing the score), which of course changes the highest score within and between each of these periods

Secondly how can my JSS drop with no activity,  my satisfied clients are still my satisfied clients, that hasn't changed so why should the JSS?

The activity might have stop but the time hasn't, and since these are moving time windows the jobs will keep rolling from one to another, until they fall out of the two year window.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I understand how a rolling window works, but your logic in the explanation is faulty.

If I have say 1 job 6 months old, 3 jobs 12 months old, and 3 jobs 18 months old.

1 month passes, the 4 jobs have changed windows, but exactly how would it affect my total score?  All are still within the 24 month window? And it clearly says best score of the windows?

In regards to you reply of time passing, when I hover the mouse over my job success score it says

"The percentage of this freelancer's jobs that resulted in a great client experience."

As you noted client's satisfaction has not changed only time has passed.  So how is this even a remotely accurate description of the Job Success Score?

I have the same problem and I hae not even been on uwork for six months so it cannot have anything to do with the rolling window! I had 4 successfull completed jobs all 5 star rating, 100% recommendation rate 17% long term clients and all interviews were always replied. Then one client gave me a job and due to personal issues I could not finish it so I let her know in time and she said it was no problem. However, she probably gave me a bad rating. So my JSS ended up being 75%. During the next month I have had another 5 jobs all with 5 star rating and my recommendation rate is still 100% and 17% long term clients but my JSS did not change at all!!! It is still 75% after 5 more clients, how is that possible? It is a really big problem as it is hard to get any job with 75% JSS.

mainasarafina
Community Member

Get rid of that ASAP!

brijrajo
Community Member

After accepting the contract the freelancer has to remain like a dog in front of client, because if freelancer is not satisfied with the client he can't end the contract or retaliate. He becomes servant of  so called  "JS". 

He doesnt remain a "free"lancer - doesnt remain free at all..

JS has made freelancer as servant and Client as master. 

Please Upwork protect the rights of freelancers, otherwise the freelancer will have no other option....

Hello Community,

Only two weeks ago, I saw my first job success score which came out to be 100%. And after 2 weeks when they updated it, it was decreased to 90%!!! Why is that? In between this period only 1 of my on going jobs ended that too on a 5 star feedback overall...

So this is beyond my understanding. Please let me know if you have any idea whatsoever.

Cheers!

Hello Yasir,

You are missing the whole PRIVATE FEEDBACK, according to Upwork clients leave 2 types of feedback (public and private):

• Public – Comments and star ratings that are shown on the freelancer’s profile.
  • Private – Used by Upwork to assess the freelancer’s Job Success. This is an opportunity to provide information to Upwork that you may feel uncomfortable sharing publicly.

In other words although your client gave you 5 star feedback he may left you a negative private feedback which can cost your job success score.

But why would he? I mean it was a small task and I did it perfectly he even wrote in feedback that "Good work by Yasir" 

That's highly unlikely that someone would do this for no apparent reason.

Yes may be but you will never know whether it's your client or it's Upwork's JSS calculator especially when nobody knows how job sucess score works

that is what I find - practically - and here is my story honestly :

1- I work via upwork more than 2 years , since September 2013

2- and according to my stats : I make in last 12 months more than 2500$ at least !

3- all my clients leave 5 stars good feedback

4- I did not let any client end the contract until make sure ( 100% sure )
that he is completely satisfied 100 % !

5- I ask him if he need any editing or any thing ?

I offer unlimited times for this
and in most of cases they ask for or 2 then we end happily 

6 - I make the project in time and may be earlier

7- I ask him more than once if he is love the work ?
and all they answers is :
awesome , good work , this is great !!

8 - I even offer them that they can back to me after ending the contract !!!
and without any money !

9 - SOme of them back to me after ending for another works 

10 - they also leave good endorse in my LinkedIn !!!
and they all tell me again and again they are complete full satisied 200% !!

and after all of this :
my job success still 83% !!

and when I ask the support team they can not find answer , only say :
may be there is a secret feedback !!

SO : I ask my clients again in the last 3 - 4 months :
did you leave any thing secret about the works you did not love ?
and what is it if you want me to do , why you did not tell me ?

and they all answer this :
this is can not be ! we leave good feeback as public exactly !
and if we want to leave bad feedback public , what will prevent us ??

why we lie to you ? no reason for this !!

so this have no meaning to me , only 2 options :

option 1 :
that we - freelancers - have hypocrite clients !!
those client who tell you in your face that the work is good 

and tell upworks - secret - that  you are bad  

option 2 :
that we - freelancers - work hard and make all we can do to make clients satisfied 
But no way :
there is no hope to progress or imporvement 
as we will still did not know what we did wrong or what missing to work good as  upwork  ask us 

---

And this will lead us to one simple result :
the freelancer will not Continue working
or feel desperate when you do your best and find there is no thing else to do any more
or find your work became less day after day or not go forward
and without specific reason you can fix

and this in the end will kill slowly up work
when they leave the site to another sites and try their chances

please fix the system
solve this problem
if you think this will help you : no , it will not
if you think this will make the site more successful :
believe me honestly , that it will kill it slowly 

why upwork not listening or thinking at least logically ?

wake up , before the end  , please !!

@Colyn E wrote:

Hello,

Sorry if this has been addressed, I am rushed right now. Basically, my Job Success score just dropped significantly, and I think it may be due to this factor that I did not even know about...

Contracts without activity can lower your score

Sometimes contracts start, but due to the client or freelancer, no activity takes place. After a reasonable period of time, these contracts impact your score. Ending these contracts quickly or requesting the client close the contract as soon as possible can prevent this situation.

I have a lot of contracts like this. Some of the clients come back, others don't. But I thought I was being courteous by leaving the contracts open in case they needed future work. This is terrible for me right now, as I did not even know about this and have worked VERY hard to try to keep all of my clients happy while earning enough to get by. What should I do? Should I end all of my contracts right away? Please help.

Hi Colyn,

We recommend closing inactive contracts if clients don't respond to your request to close them. Please see Garnor's post here for more information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members