cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score and its frustrating mysteries...

aremoros
Areani M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
11 of 21

Thank you Jess,

The contract that started in November is active, the client creates a new milestone for every new translation I'm assigned and I receive payments every week or so... I'll definitely check my stats again after Sunday, hopefully they'll have changed.

Thanks for clearing up my other doubts, and for the reassurance!

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
12 of 21

@Petra R wrote:

If you have "100% clients would recommend me" on your My Stats page then private feedback is not what affected your JSS.

Petra, I don't think this is correct. My JSS was reduced to 92% by one bad private feedback, and late returned to 100% when I used my TR perk to remove that feedback. Yet I continued to have 100% "Clients who would recommend you" throughout that time. 

One of the forum regulars (I forget who) posted that the "Clients who would recommend you" is only updated after each few jobs have been completed.

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
13 of 21

@Richard W wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

If you have "100% clients would recommend me" on your My Stats page then private feedback is not what affected your JSS.

Petra, I don't think this is correct. My JSS was reduced to 92% by one bad private feedback, and late returned to 100% when I used my TR perk to remove that feedback. Yet I continued to have 100% "Clients who would recommend you" throughout that time. 

One of the forum regulars (I forget who) posted that the "Clients who would recommend you" is only updated after each few jobs have been completed.

This is interesting...I too have noticed that sometimes my "clients who would recommend you" doesn't change for some time even after a couple of jobs have been completed. The odds are against subsequent clients giving exactly the same score to keep the number the same during that time. If that makes sense. It  might not, I ran out of regular coffee and am running on decaf, LOL.

aremoros
Areani M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
14 of 21

The plot thickens... Too many inconsistencies & unclear policies/procedures...?

Richard, from what you wrote, does that mean once you have Top Rated status, you're able to see (and do something about) the private feedbacks?

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
15 of 21

@Areani M wrote:

The plot thickens... Too many inconsistencies & unclear policies/procedures...?

Richard, from what you wrote, does that mean once you have Top Rated status, you're able to see (and do something about) the private feedbacks?

Yes, once you are Top Rated you have access to a "perk" that enables you to occasionally remove bad feedback. See this post for details: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Top-Rated-Perk-Feedback-Removal

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
16 of 21

@Richard W wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

How did you conclude that "one bad private feedback" caused the drop?

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
17 of 21

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Richard W wrote:

How did you conclude that "one bad private feedback" caused the drop?

If it came back from 92 to 100 when he removed the one contract using his perk then it must be that one contract that caused the drop. He says it was reduced to 92; I suppose it was reduced from 100 to 92.

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
18 of 21

@Baris A wrote:

If it came back from 92 to 100 when he removed the one contract using his perk then it must be that one contract that caused the drop. He says it was reduced to 92; I suppose it was reduced from 100 to 92.

That's right, Baris. My JSS had always been 100% until i received that feedback, and I had no other jobs completed in the same two-week period as that one. It returned from 92 to 100 on the update Sunday after I removed the feedback, and again I had no other job completions in that two-week period. I don't think you could get a clearer case than that. 

By the way, are there two Baris's, or have you changed your photo? This Baris looks quite different from the other one. Smiley Wink

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
19 of 21

@Richard W wrote:

By the way, are there two Baris's, or have you changed your photo? This Baris looks quite different from the other one. Smiley Wink

This one's the one with a passport, the other one was waiting for Alice Cooper to take stage. They don't look like each other but they are close. While I was having my ID verified they said my image was not in accordance with TOS and it should be from front and close cropped like a passport photo. So I changed it with that.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 21

I liked the old Baris better. Change it back!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS