cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score dropping nearly 20% without any explanation

Highlighted
Michael P Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
31 of 34

Exact 100% like you. Exactly. This was an old post so maybe you are fine now.

Highlighted
Abdur R Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
32 of 34

I have a problem with job sucess sccore. I have 100% job sccore but suddenly it's droping 21%, i did not get any bad response/Feedback. Can you help me and solve me from this issue?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Brandon H Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
33 of 34

Abdur R wrote:

I have a problem with job sucess sccore. I have 100% job sccore but suddenly it's droping 21%, i did not get any bad response/Feedback. Can you help me and solve me from this issue?

First: It looks like your JSS dropped from 100 to 81% - not 21%, so let's clear that up right off the bat.  I looked at your profile and it looks like you have a solid work history, so let me give you the summary of what I learned about JSS from this discussion thread:

1. CS will never help you with your specific JSS.  They will only give you generalities, so there is no way to know for sure what actually caused your score to drop. 

2. Because of this, you're left to investigate your contracts yourself and see if any of them apply to the long list of things that "can" affect your JSS.

3. In my situation, it was a couple of contracts I had open for longer than two months with no activity (milestones or payments submitted), and a couple of other ones that were old that I closed myself and the clients didn't leave feedback.

4. I took steps to resolve both of those things (finished one of those long ongoing contracts and submitted work for payment) and was actually able to contact one of the other past clients and ask him to leave feedback for me.  Now, I wouldn't have done that last with just any client.  This is someone I know and knew how he would react.  He's the only one I contacted.  

5. My JSS went back up by 5% this time around, and I'm sure once I get that other contract off of my list, then it'll go back up some more.

6. (And I can't emphasize this one enough)  Highest JSS doesn't always get the job.  JSS matters, but I don't think it matters as much as UW would have you believe unless you really want that Top Rated badge (which, okay, I'll admit, I totally want mine back).  So my final advice to you is to go through your contracts lists, see how many have been open for a long time and see if you can clean that up in any way.  Also, when you're searching for jobs over the next couple of weeks, look for jobs with past clients, because repeat clients can help your score.  The other thing I would suggest is that you take a look at any interactions you had with clients in the last couple of weeks or jobs that closed in that period that were potentially negative - even if you got good public feedback.  There's still the "private feedback," and when it comes to JSS, that number (1-10 on how likely they are to recommend you) can really affect your score, too.

That's all I got for you on this issue.  Mine went back up this time, so my BP is down and I'm a happy FL again.  Sorry to hear that you're going through this, too, but unfortunately it's more common than any of us like to think, apparently.

Highlighted
Michael P Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
34 of 34

Wondering I am in same boat. Did your score go back up. Mine tanked. Just tanked. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS