cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score low after being a long time top rated without reason

maurisa10
Laura M Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1 of 3

Hi. I was for 16 weeks as top rated with the Rising Talent badge.

After that, my Rising Talent badge disappeared. Check in the community and they told me it was because a client had qualified low. Suddenly, my Job Success Score appeared but low.

I have three customer scores. One of them is negative but said client was reported for violating the laws of upwork. They informed me that privately. Then only my two clients with positive qualifications count. However, I do not understand why it is under my Job Success Score. I have noticed fewer responses in my proposals and I am worried because I believe that the Job Success Score is affecting. Can anybody help me? I was months as top rated and suddenly everything was low.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Laura, 

It is possible that you've been rotated in the search results. Freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

You may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

Laura M wrote: Suddenly, my Job Success Score appeared but low.

I have three customer scores. One of them is negative but said client was reported for violating the laws of upwork. They informed me that privately. Then only my two clients with positive qualifications count.

It looks like that client kept hiring so wasn't suspended, so the feedback counts towards your JSS.

That said, once you get a job or two more you'll have enough contracts in your 6 month window to calculate a JSS from and that low feedback score is outside the 6 month window.

However, it is also possible that you had poor provate feedback from one of the 2 more recent jobs.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS