Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score

Highlighted
Carmina B Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
1 of 106

Hello,

I have been working here for almost 3 months now and I am happy about thejobs I landed. But my issue is the JS score. I am really saddened about the fact that I've been working seriously, shared every details about me in my profile but til now, I don't get any score. Woman Sad . Why?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 106

You have not completed 4 jobs successfully yet to get the Job Success Score on your profile . 

Once you've completed at least 4 jobs and clients leave feedback JSS should appear on your profile . 

Regards , 

Delwar

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Carmina B Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
3 of 106

Oh I get it. So maybe I should find short-time jobs to earn the score.

Wow thanks! Woman Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 106

Find jobs that you like the look of that will pay the bills. Stats, points, stars and percentages are nice, but they should always come second to running your business how you want to run it. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Krisztina M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
5 of 106

The Job Success Score is a complete disaster. I moved over to Upwork from Elance. I went from 493 hours and almost 80 jobs to now 43 jobs and 200 something hours. I get 5 star reviews yet my job success score has NOW GONE DOWN to 84% for some reason that Upwork can't explain. 

Also, if you need a diagram and whole page to explain a JSS, you are doing something wrong.

I am a US based Shopify expert, there are very few of us. Yet I can't get hired on here because of my JSS. Well done, Upwork, you are losing out on your outrageous 10% fee by not allowing clients to hire me.

And as I client, I will never hire on here again.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jeff M Member Since: Jan 19, 2012
6 of 106

I have a really funny analogy I could make, but it would get too much angry feedback.

In any case, this JSS could destroy upwork. It doesn't work, it doesn't make sense, it

isn't fair, the customer service people don't understand how it works, and no one likes it.

It's going to drive some very good people away.

Highlighted
Ed T Member Since: Dec 22, 2015
7 of 106

Krisztina M

Two things: I am curious why you'd never hire here as a client.Certainly it can't be because you aren't getting work, and you seem to be a thoughtful person, so I'm interested in your take from that side.

Second, I understand your frustration with a seemingly random JSS. My question is are clients really looking at that in making hiring decisions? I'm not disagreeing, just surprised that anyone hiring a freelancer would use some nebulous number rather than an evaluation of the proposal and their own judgment based on an interview. Are the clients here really so inexperienced and unsure of themselves?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 106

@Ed T wrote:

My question is are clients really looking at that in making hiring decisions?

Yes, at least some are because I've seen any number of jobs posted that require a minimum 90% Job Success. That doesn't prevent applying with JS less than 90% but it's a factor to consider.

@Ed T wrote:

I'm not disagreeing, just surprised that anyone hiring a freelancer would use some nebulous number rather than an evaluation of the proposal and their own judgment based on an interview. Are clients here really so inexperienced and unsure of themselves?

There's a whole continuum of clients at Upwork, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit that a new client would attach a lot of significance to the JS score since Upwork makes it highly visible.

9 of 106

Fair enough.

My comment about the clients actually referred to the more sophisticated ones, the professional clients. I do realize that many are just people wanting something done cheaply. I'm not sure why they don't just go to one of the low-rent service sites, but then, what do I know? I'm just a writer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 106

@Ed T wrote:

Fair enough.

My comment about the clients actually referred to the more sophisticated ones, the professional clients.

I don't see why a client not matter how professional they are wouldn't consider something which is labelled "Job Sucess Score" to weight in their decision to hire. I'm a freelancer, I may have bad thingh to say about the JSS but when higing here I wouldn't definitely dismiss this indicator.

I'm not sure why they don't just go to one of the low-rent service sites.

They do. They're here.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS