Did you mean: 

Job Success Score

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Krisztina M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
51 of 106

@Jean S wrote:

@Krisztina M wrote:

The JS score is total **edited for Community Guidelines**.  Mine just went down 1% again...because I got more jobs and more good feedback. Well done Upwork, well done!

Do you even want to get into the Messaging interface? My clients now message me on the Freelancer side AND the Client side. I have to go digging through to see what message is where  and where any potential attachments may be. Where is the Workroom for the project???? 

You went down it looks because you had another No Feedback.

Yes, Awesome! Thank you for punishing the freelancer. Upwork rocks!  So now the onus is on me to hound my clients after a job has closed to get feedback. What a great business model!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
52 of 106

@Krisztina M wrote:

So now the onus is on me to hound my clients after a job has closed to get feedback. What a great business model!

In a nutshell yes. We are responsible. No one likes this but it is what it is right now.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
53 of 106

RE: "Do you even want to get into the Messaging interface? My clients now message me on the Freelancer side AND the Client side. I have to go digging through to see what message is where  and where any potential attachments may be. Where is the Workroom for the project???? "

Some of my clients have given up using it already. They now send emails to me instead. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tim S Member Since: Nov 13, 2015
54 of 106

@Ed T wrote:

...But a negligent client shouldn't drag you down. There should be a way for us to close a contract and then upwork sends the client a notice and, unless the client actually objects, it is considered a "good" job. If someone comes on and posts a job, and that's all the work they have for us, whoever does it is going to get screwed because the client won't hang around to post feedback or do the bits and pieces necessary to make us look good. Why should they? They paid the money and got what they asked for and for them it IS a done deal.

Exactly.  

Entirely the cause of my current problem, and exactly how it should work.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tim S Member Since: Nov 13, 2015
55 of 106

@Manjur R wrote:

I had a long chat with upwork support regarding this,basically those two open contracts and a few other paused jobs(paused by upwork ,proabably client's profile got suspended) are causing this . No matter what i do now(taking more jobs ,getting perfect feedback) thats not gonna help me as my score will continue to keep down until i take care of those open contracts .

But i did already contact with those clients before , and i have done it now again .

So far none of them got back to me ,they probably have left upwork .

Either way ,i am screwed ,if i close down those jobs on my own my score is going to go down even further .If i dont my score will continue to decrease ,slowly but surely.

I have no idea what to do by this point

Manjur, I'm in pretty much the same boat - only I did close my open contracts and my score did indeed take a huge and sudden drop.   I'd advise not to close the contracts unless you have a very large amount of completed jobs within the past two years..  It seems ridiculous, but that is apparently how it works.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
56 of 106

What happened to me was that I had a 100% score, but then I got this offer from a crazy client. When I got the offer, it was a market research project, but after I accepted it, the client asked me to do some illegal transaction for him. Of course, I said no and terminated the offer. Then my JS rate dropped to 98%. 

I like this place when it was still oDeskSmiley Sad

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jordan G Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
57 of 106

UpworkFAQ.png

Among the many problems with the JSS are the ways it is misrepresented.  In the image above, from the  Upwork Freelancer FAQ, it claims a freelancer's rating is easily verifiable, and yet there is absolutely no way to verify one's JSS.  The formula is not available, and hidden feedback is allowed.  So what exactly is verifiable where the JSS is concerned, other then it doesn't work.

Or the fact that is called Job Satisfaction Score, and yet it can change even when job satisfaction hasn't.  Further compounding this lie is the fact that it clearly says "The percentage of this freelancer's jobs that resulted in a great client experience."  So if the percentage of jobs that resulted in great experiences is unchanged, why would the score itself change?

Lastly the JSS totally ignores  a freelancers history.  A terrible freelancer can have a good JSS just by having one good project in the last 6 months, even if they had atrocious results up to 7 months ago.  Conversely Freelancers with a long history of quality product can have their result lowered as jobs drop out the 24 month window.

But my biggest concern, and maybe it's because I'm stupid, but how can something called the Job Satisfaction Score change if job satisfaction has not changed?  This is the one question I would most like answered about the JSS.

Highlighted
Ekaterina V Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
58 of 106
 Hello everybody! Recently my job success score was 83%, then (because I had fail contract) it dropped to 75%, I decided to raise JSS and finished in 2 weeks 5 contracts, 4 are accurately completed successfully (I'm sure). But my JSS remains the same, my stats has been updated, the average score rose and increased the percentage of client who recommend me, but still remained 75%. Why the JSS of not react on contracts? Thanks for the explanation! And I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my English.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Valeria B Member Since: Oct 4, 2015
59 of 106

Same here - It's still at 89%, and it has been 89% since the middle of february, even though I've completed contracts within that time. I contacted customer support last time and they said it isn't a bug. My JSS hasn't moved in a month - that's not mathematically possible.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
60 of 106

@Ekaterina V wrote:
 Hello everybody! Recently my job success score was 83%, then (because I had fail contract) it dropped to 75%, I decided to raise JSS and finished in 2 weeks 5 contracts, 4 are accurately completed successfully (I'm sure). But my JSS remains the same, my stats has been updated, the average score rose and increased the percentage of client who recommend me, but still remained 75%. Why the JSS of not react on contracts? Thanks for the explanation! And I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my English.

JSS is updated every two weeks on a sunday. In fact it just got updated few hours back. so check now! 

Edit: I am not sure but I think update happens at 12 midnight UTC time every second Sunday night. My JSS has been updated but it seems like a bug. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS