Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
61 of 106

Update: My JSS on 'My Stats' page has been updated. Please check yours.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
62 of 106

JSS just dropped from 100% to 96% telling prospective clients that 4% of my jobs were not completed successfully.

Not true as shown below.

"Feedback score 5.00

Clients who would recommend you 100%"

Is it the absence of "Long Term Clients?

As a high rate ($177 hour) CPA and tax preparer who has been on Upwork just a few months, it is unlikely I will acquire many, if any, "Long Term Clients".  All my jobs have been one time projects.

Also as a CPA, formulas computed by algorithms, not disclosed to those to whom they are applied, rankle my professional soul.

" Client satisfaction

Job Success
Last updated Mar 20
Top Rated  
12-month earnings $xxxx
Feedback score
(Last 12 months)

Clients who would recommend you 100%
Long-term clients 0%
Recent account holds 0"
Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
63 of 106

@Joseph C wrote:

JSS just dropped from 100% to 96% telling prospective clients that 4% of my jobs were not completed successfully.

Not true as shown below.

"Feedback score 5.00

Clients who would recommend you 100%"

Is it the absence of "Long Term Clients?

As a high rate ($177 hour) CPA and tax preparer who has been on Upwork just a few months, it is unlikely I will acquire many, if any, "Long Term Clients".  All my jobs have been one time projects.

Also as a CPA, formulas computed by algorithms, not disclosed to those to whom they are applied, rankle my professional soul.

" Client satisfaction

Job Success
Last updated Mar 20
Top Rated  
12-month earnings $xxxx
Feedback score
(Last 12 months)

Clients who would recommend you 100%
Long-term clients 0%
Recent account holds 0"

The absence of long-term clients doesn't impact the JSS negatively.

The "clients who would recommend you" score only updates after every 5 jobs (at least it used to be five).

So, since your JSS has decreased, you should expect that to go down in the near future. It was the same for me when I lost my 100% JSS last year - it continued to show 100% for "clients who would recommend you" for a couple of weeks. Until it didn't anymore...

The star rating reflects only the public feedback, private feedback is much more important.

Highlighted
Nenad M Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
64 of 106

Greetings,
My name is Nenad and i have one question, please answer me.
This morning i see that my job success is only 70%.
All my client are extremely satisfied with my work, they always leave some bonuses and give good feedback. It is not about money, that is few dollars but nobody give bonus if it not very satisfied with work results.
Always respond to any offer, if i can give best result i refused the offer.
I am always polite, have good feedbacks, great client satisfaction what more i can do?
Kind Regards,
Nenad Miksin

Highlighted
Alexey P Member Since: Oct 8, 2015
65 of 106

Actually, I am angry about this. You can take a look at my account.

Stroy: my SC was 70% before today because one time i refunded money to client.

On this 2 weak sprint a completed 3 jobs for 5, 5 and 4.6 score and my SC reduced to 63%?

question: why and how?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lisa W Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
66 of 106

As far as I can tell from other explanations on here, the hidden feedback plays a big part. So even though your closed contracts have high stars, the client could have said anything in the hidden feedback and that may have a significant impact.

I got my first JSS 2 weeks ago and all 5 star contracts gave me an 88%. I closed one more contract in the interim with slightly less than 5 stars in the last 2 weeks and the JSS went up to 100%. I'm insanely grateful, don't get me wrong. I just don't necessarily understand how it works.

I understand your frustration!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
67 of 106

I had a JSS percentage of 95% recently for weeks and yesterday it was dropped to 94% (4 jobs in the past 2 weeks period, with scores of 5, 5, 4.85, 5). Not a big drop, but I would expect increase in this situation, instead of decrease. 

Lisa: that's nice! Is it technically possible to have 100% JSS, if one has other scores than 5.00?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
68 of 106

we can't guess JS (Job Score) mechanism, and same upwork not want us to get it! (thats because then we shouldn't able to manipulate it.)

and more as Lisa said.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Valeria B Member Since: Oct 4, 2015
69 of 106

Update: My JSS on 'My Stats' page has been updated. Please check yours.

Holy cow! Mine has too!

After almost a month of no change, it finally went back to 90% 

I clearly remember checking it earlier today and seeing it at 89% and "last updated: mar 20" - I guess after quite a bit of complaints here in the forum UpWork finally realised there's a bug in the Job success score and decided to fix it somehow?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
70 of 106

On the last status date I saw mine fell from 93% to 88%, following a job failure (I missed a milestone deadline due to oblivion - a newbie client didn't know they had to inform me about the work separately from just issuing a milestone). 

In meantime I had three hires out of which one was a rehire and two new hires. All of these were closed once finished and feedbacks exchanged. The scores were 5.0, 5.0 and 4.6. I thought my JSR will improve a bit but it kept falling to 86%.

Seeing your experiences I think that job success is actually calculated much before its announced and that changes which happen between two "status dates" will actually affect the next job success status date. i.e. if you made improvements between March 6 and March 20, it will affect your job success on April 3rd instead of March 20.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS