Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sue B Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
1 of 19

How do you increase your job success score if you work for long term clients?  You would have to end the contract in order for the client to provide any positive feedback.

Is there another way for current ongoing long term clients to provide feedback? 

What other means can I use to increase my job success score?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kate R Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
2 of 19

Would like to know too...

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 19

Hi Sue,

You can ask the client to end the contract to provide feedback and then re-hire you on a new contract. However, long-term relationships count positively in your Job Success score whether you work with the client on one or more contracts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Alan H Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
4 of 19

@Valeria, thanks for clarifying that long term client contracts count positively towards one's JSS. I had guessed as much, but it's nice to see it in writing from Upwork.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 19

Thanks for the response Valeria...it just seems a little unprofessional to ask a client to end a contract so he can rate my work.  I'm not sure I understand how long term clients are counted positively in the job success score.  Can you explain how this happens?

Thanks,

Highlighted
6 of 19

Sue, 

Long term-relationships count as positive outcomes since we assume the client is satisfied with the results the freelancer is delivering if they continue working with that freelancer. Of the clients you’ve worked with in the past year, long-term clients metric shows the percentage of clients you worked with for at least three months. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Alan H Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
7 of 19

Reading between the lines:

• Any long term client's silence counts as if the contract had been completed with a perfect rating
  • There is a real ratio being computed to come up with the JSS percentage
  • It is weighted by the dollars spent

The JSS computation is a mystery, but no doubt, it includes some small forgiveness for less than perfect outlier results. And perhaps negative feedback carries less weight after a certain time period. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 19

@Alan H wrote:

Reading between the lines:

1. Any long term client's silence counts as if the contract had been completed with a perfect rating
  2. There is a real ratio being computed to come up with the JSS percentage
  3. It is weighted by the dollars spent

And perhaps negative feedback carries less weight after a certain time period. 

1. only if the contract is active. Inactive contracts start to count against you after a few months of inactivity.

3. No, it is not.

Negative feedback stops counting when it falls out of your calculation window.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 19

Ok so I have an account that has been inactive since March 9...will this be bringing my JSS down?   This same account was inactive in Nov/Dec for a few weeks as well.  Would it be best to have him end the contract...rate me ...then start up the contract again when ready? 

Highlighted
10 of 19

Sue,

We won't be able to share how a particular contract affects your JSS. If you don't expect to do any work on the contract for a while, you can ask the client to close it and then re-hire you for a new contract if needed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS