Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success, ongoing work and other serious issues

Highlighted
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
11 of 40

OK, that's good to know, thanks!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Highlighted
Jeremy L Member Since: Oct 8, 2015
12 of 40

Lack of feedback by itself It will definatley drop your score.  Even if you have ZERO public or private negative feedback and 5 stars

I have 5 stars, glowing reveiws, no negeative feeback, I forced customer service to verify I had no private negative feeback (I do not) and I sit at 83%.

I have the email where they said it was the lack of feedback on a few jobs lowering my score and only that... The clients were happy or else they would have left bad reveiws, or negative private feedback... that is how the system is suppossed to work.

I HATE THE SUCCESS RATING!!

Keep posting and calling customer service everyday.  IT IS UNFAIR!! and a completely stupid idea.

Highlighted
Anamul n Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
13 of 40

There is something really weird about the JSS here. I ask anyone to review my profile. And honestly tell me how I can have 44% JSS. 

It seems my career as freelance is over. No matter how good I was. What a joke.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
14 of 40
@Anamul

Your profile is set to private.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
15 of 40

Hi,

It is public now.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 40

@Anamul n wrote:

Hi,

It is public now.

There is something very odd about your history, Anamul!!!

How come all those contracts have both "in progress" AND left feedback on them?????

I'd raise a ticket if I were you !

in progress AND with feedback.jpg

Highlighted
17 of 40

Hi,

Because those job was in Elance. They appeared in Upwork after I merged my Elance account with Upwork. 

In Elance a client can leave feedback without closing the job when done. So some of clients forgot to close the job in Elance. My mistake was I didn't force the issue or ask them to close the jobs. Since things worked in Elance differently and I got positive feedback. It didn't effect my rank in Elance or any other problem.

In short Elance didn't make it important to close the job. And I thought leaving and getting feedback will automatically close the job. I didn't bother to check.

But you see the problem here. Those client was satisfied, they gave me good feedback. But I think Upwork is calculating it differently and negetaively.

Please can you tell me how I can raise a ticket?

Thanks,

Anamul

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 40

Hi Anamul,

I will follow up with the team about your Job Success score and jobs in progress migrated from Elance. I'll update this thread as soon as I can.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
19 of 40

Thanks Valeria. Looking forward.

Anamul

Highlighted
20 of 40

Hi Valeria,

Even after the job in progress has been "marked as complete", my JSS still hasn't changed or updated. Please take a look at my profile. 

My Jss is still at 44%, while more than 90% of my job has glowing review and 5 star ranking and there is no negative feedback. 

Do I need to raise a ticket? 

Thanks,

Anamul

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS