Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 56
** Reserved for more content**
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
3 of 56

It seems like this is really bothering you Smiley Very Happy It’s not worth your time, because at the end of the day the computer will still make wrong or unclear calculations, regardless of our detailed analyses or discussions Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Cesar G Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
4 of 56

Setu, don't forget that moving avg must cover a 2-year period

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 56

Thanks I appreciate the effort you're taking to make things clear.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
6 of 56

I'm curious, as well.

7 of 56
@ Cesar,

The moving average covers two years of data, only if you have two years of data. In any case It still would not jump to 100% after a few jobs, no average works that way.

I am sure we can get at the answer soon.
Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 56

Upwork thinks that revealing the actual formula for the JS score moving average would mean that freelancers will be able to "game " the system, however:

Facts

1. Understanding the formula CANNOT help you to change the outcome. Why?
  2. You JS score can only be improved by actually receiving better scores on individual jobs. So why not reveal it?
  3. Especially since, if a freelancer's only hope of improving JS score is by improving on individual jobs - wasn't that the original aim of the JS score?
  4. If you mysteriously find a way to game the system, that would mean you found a way to make clients happier with your work. Then how could this be a bad idea for anyone and everyone?
  5. Freelancers can no easier bribe clients for a good private feedback than they can for public stars - so a dud point there.

This is simple LOGIC. I would welcome any nay-sayers.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Brijraj S Member Since: Apr 9, 2015
9 of 56

Job Success has messed up everything. I don't know which jobs had positive impact on my  "Job Success score" and which negetive. I am totally confused. It seems everything is in air. Plz help!!!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 56

Bumping this thread because I believe something need to be done.

The morale of the community is extremely low including many of the core long standing freelancers on Upwork, who I am sure have contributed alot to the success of the company and continue to provide much needed revenue. A response is in order from our community manager Garnor regarding the additional information promised on the misunderstood Job Success Score. Though this is only one of the challenges we are facing, it is a major complaint and has led to a feeling of frustration and hopelessness in controlling our reputation, which many have spent years building.

I think the community deserves a response and a timeline for the release of said information.

Increasing morale is the best way to improve results, and this is applicable in all systems. What we really want is the ability to understand the calculation behind the final score (not the feedback clients give), but we will settle for even a response for now.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS