» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job Success score
Page options
kshatriyadesigns
Community Member

Job Success score

Why I do not have a success score yet?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KM K wrote:

For quality projects of 3-dight budget, JSS is posted as a mandatory requirement by the buyer itself.

NO! It is not mandatory. 

The word "preferred" means exactly that. NOT mandatory!

At any rate, you need to just keep applying, get the few more jobs you need to get a JSS again. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

KM K wrote:

Why I do not have a success score yet?

Because you don't have enough completed contracts in the last 24 months.

How many jobs should be completed in the past 12 months to get back the success score rate? 10, 5 or less

Hi KM, 

As noted in the section "I don't have a Job Success Score yet. When will I get one?" of the help article I linked - 
"More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period."

You can find more information in the help article I linked in my response above.

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, I understood the policy perfectly. But it sounds like I have to start building up the profile from scratch like a newbie.

When I checked my profile last year it looked great with 96% job success, but in the next 9 months my earnings increased from 5k+ to 6k+ in the profile but the job success score vanished, inferring as if I had no success in completing any project.

The score seems to reflect just the proposal success rate or Active member score in the name of Job success.

KM K wrote:

The score seems to reflect just the proposal success rate or Active member score in the name of Job success.

No. It does no such thing.

As explained in detail previously, you need to complete a few contracts, because currently you do not have enough completed contracts in your maximum 2 year window to even calculate a JSS from at all.

Thanks for both of your time and support. I do agree that if this is the case of how it works, no one can do anything about it. I am perfectly fine with this too.

But I just like to voice out my opinion that I feel that this is totally wrong and inaccurate. It is true that in the past two years I had no luck in winning quality projects that I preferred except a few. I also didn't know that I should have operated in a very competitive way for the sake of saving my JSS. I also agree that I was wrong to believe that I had a fair JSS to attract a potential buyer to hire me. Only the current success counts and the past don't. Actually now it is a simple loop.

/**default **/

Win_projects = False

JSS = 0

Loop:

if Win_projects is True:

JSS = 90;

/**To get JSS 90% you need to win project**/

if JSS is 90 :

Win_projects = true;

/**To win project you need JSS 90%**/

KM K wrote:

Actually now it is a simple loop.

It isn't.

You don't have to have a JSS to apply for any contract.

Your JSS is also not 0 - you just haven't got one yet.

Thanks for your response, I understood.

As you said I did win a project yesterday even without JSS and the client was also delighted with my work. But to me, it can just help me keep the profile active.

For quality projects of 3-dight budget, JSS is posted as a mandatory requirement by the buyer itself.

"You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications"

Secondly, I did have a JSS before as 96% like in my screenshot shared in the previous reply (shared again May_2019.png). It is just gone now making it look like JSS Zero.

KM K wrote:

NO! It is not mandatory. 

The word "preferred" means exactly that. NOT mandatory!

At any rate, you need to just keep applying, get the few more jobs you need to get a JSS again. 

"get the few more jobs"

If that is so easy, I wouldn't even be bothered about JSS. Being a guy from India to get each product completed successfully is extremely difficult but I have done it all and thought it was safe now. Now I have to compete with the freshers again because I don't have a JSS score.

So this is like starting from the beginning. Instead of "Job Success Score", it should be an "Active member score". How can a score that denotes the successful job completion not refer to past project completion but only to the success of winning proposal?

Actually I clicked the "Best solution" by mistake. But anyway it doesn't matter.

Bottom line: JSS is unfair, inaccurate and wrong.

I also understand that I am crossing the limits here. Because every time I question against the policies an identity verification gets triggered on me. Today is the 3rd time my identity is being reviewed after posting this question and I had just received a message that its proof has been rejected. I got the logic.

Have a nice day! Thanks for your support.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi KM, 

Petra is correct. Your Job Success score computes a score based on your closed and open contracts from the last 6-, 12-, and 24-months. If you have not completed a job for months it might mean that there are not enough jobs in your 6-, 12-, and 24-month window to calculate your Job Success Score from. You may read more about it here

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths