🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job Success
Page options
blazhencontact
Community Member

Job Success

There is something that bothers me a lot and I don't quite understand. 

I had a 100% job success score and Top Rated badge for more than 4 months.
I have a total of 22 jobs, in the first ten jobs I have two jobs with 4.8 review, and the rest are all 5 start. 

In the last two months I had only two new jobs with a 5 start review, and I am still a 100% top rated everything is cool.

Then somehow after a month, with three jobs in progress ( (hourly - not ended contracts), and only one new job that I am taking on the saturday, a day before the job success refresh, and the same job I am finishing on sunday, hours before the job success refresh, the client close the job giving me 5 star review, after 3 hours the job success score refresh and my precentege goes to 88% with losing my top rated status. 

Even, if the last client gave me a 5 start review, but the private review is somehow 0 (let's say), how can that affect my job success score on couple of hours before refresh? I didn't even had the job on my profile yet. 

7 REPLIES 7
joansands
Community Member

Blazhen - On your Stats page, what is the percentage of clients who recommend you? That should tell you something about your JSS.

It dropped from 88 to 85%. But it was 88% for more than 4 months. How can one job, with a 5 star review, affect my job success like that?

I wonder how they actually ask the clients and how they calculate that score? Because my "clients who would recommend you score"  is at 60% and I find that hard to believe.  Especially when 1/3 of my jobs were never closed. 

katie_zimpel
Community Member

Yeah. I'm super mad about this whole thing too. I had 100% job score yesterday. Today it's 90%. I had one job/client that wasn't a good fit. I'm assuming that one job dropped my score 10 points?! And now I'm at risk of losing my top rated status.  I've been with UpWork for many years and have completed 33 jobs now.  Do I get to lose everything I built based on one job/client? 

It's just WTF. 
That's what I am saying, how can they base everything on one client? And the funny thing is that the last job that lowered my job success score is only 40 min test job, what about the other 19 jobs? And they lower my job success score to 88% and I am losing my top rated based on what?
Client who can't write instructions. 

mwithiga_simon
Community Member

The system doesn't reveal how exactly the JSS is determined. There are some interesting reads on how the score is calculated on the stats page. You will probably find an answer here...

That is not the case, I understand how it works. The thing is, I only had one new job with 5 star review (but lets say he put the private review 0), so I lose TopRated based on 40min job and my job success goes from 100% to 88% based on 1 job that was 40min?
What about the other jobs that were much more better and longer than the last one? The calculations are not good...
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths