Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 21

In defense of Fergus, Billson

I like green. I like red. I like white. I like blue. Most of all I like pink, but that would be pushing it too far.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
12 of 21

@fergus M wrote:

"Please don't ask me what constitutes a pattern..."

tartan.JPG

That is just too close for comfort. 

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
13 of 21

Blackwatch?

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
14 of 21

"Blackwatch?"

Close. HLI McKenzie. It's Black Watch with a red and white sett overlaid.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
delfino_gabriel
Ace Contributor
Gabriel D Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
15 of 21

Sir.... you are a genius! Smiley Very Happy

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
16 of 21

Ela,

A mod has recently stated that "a pattern" means "higher than average"—which immediately raised both questions and hackles. The more it comes up, the more I think of that criterion as somewhere between daft and creepy. Perhaps @Upwork would like to confirm or correct.

Best,

Michael

tedjoshuaangelo
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
17 of 21

I've noticed that the JS algorithim seems to be really advantageous for freelancers with long term clients.

From experience, I ended a job with no $ transactions, my JS score went down to 95% from 100% but automatically reverted back to 100% after the next update(1-2 weeks).

Just recently I'v also ended another contract with 4 hours logged, and even refunded the amount which I'm sure will really affect my JS score but I'm not that worried. Pretty sure my long-term contracts will easily compensate the reduced score.  

testsandeep
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
18 of 21

I had 9 pending fixed priced jobs for which client didn't give feedback. These were automatically closed by Upwork. I think these 9 jobs were theer reason of lower JS.  This makes me think that getting atleast 1 star is better that getting no feedback. 

Am i right?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
19 of 21

@Sandeep C wrote:

I had 9 pending fixed priced jobs for which client didn't give feedback. These were automatically closed by Upwork. I think these 9 jobs were theer reason of lower JS.  This makes me think that getting atleast 1 star is better that getting no feedback. 

Am i right?

Nope. 

vorion
Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
20 of 21

1 star is better than no feedback??? NOOOOOO!!!

9 fixed contracts getting 1 star?? You will be forgotten by the system like sucked into some kind of void. I am just exaggerating.. I am just saying it's the worst you can ask for.

If Upwork closes the contract, you don't have to worry about it. Your history will play a bigger part in determining your JSS.

The client will be informed prior to closing down a dormant contract. He has the choice to end it and leave a feedback or he can be very unprofessional.

Ask a client politely to leave a feedback. Pestering will backlash. One or two reminders are ok.

Contact CS if the client didn't comply. It doesn't make much difference, just to make sure the CS know that you were keen on playing things by Upwork rules.

All the Best.

Pravin

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS