🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job Verification
Page options
amyatax
Community Member

Job Verification

I need a verification on a client who posted a job and has offered it to me but it looks like a scam so i need verification

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Yasir W wrote:

I need a verification on a client who posted a job and has offered it to me but it looks like a scam so i need verification

Upwork won't tell you that. Best thing to do is follow the rules for payment protection. Most scammers will either not open a contract, open a $5 milestone, or something like that. Only thing you don't know is if a card is stolen. If you don't get good vibes, at least go hourly and follow the payment protection steps to a T.

kat303
Community Member

You Don't need a verification on a client. What you need is to educate yourself on the scams that go on here. If you have knowledge of about 5 scams that go on here, then there's no need for any verification. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir, 

You may want to read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs to help you identify red flags and for more information about working safely through Upwork. Hopefully this will help you identify clients, and report the ones that use Upwork for their scamming practices. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths